My Game in Progress

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
MikeD

My Game in Progress

Post by MikeD »

New Info coming soon...
Last edited by MikeD on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: My Game in Progress

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

very kewl. Keep us updated!
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:very kewl. Keep us updated!
Thanks!

Small update, just finished putting in the Register,Log In/Log Out, and Index/Homepage. Currently working on being able to create multiple characters with the same account.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Small Update: Got out of one class 3 hours early, working on the Warriors section of the site. Give you a list of all your Warriors, and ability to control them. I have an idea on how to do that, not sure if it will work.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Unfortunately, my laptop has stopped working. It's been a problem for about a month, and I can no longer get it to start up. I lost a little bit of my work that I never got to save on my flash drive. Won't be getting a new laptop until my disbursement check comes in this week or next week. Using a friends laptop to post this. So until I get a new laptop, i can't work on the game :(
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Sorry to hear...keep us updated some how! Nothing sucks until you have free time and no computer to game build!

Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Well, these days I actually do some of my 'programming' with a piece of paper and pencil - working out the overal structure, even writing down some of the code in advance.

I used to try and just sit at the computer and BANG just type it out, but it ended up taking a force of will to do that when really I could just go through a series of rough draft stages which requires alot less force of will (ahem, perhaps more force of habit - but your going to end up making programming a habit anyway...)

So you can still work out your game on paper, and it may even be beneficial to do so. I've heard of a programmer tip where the guy says he actually writes up what he's going to do at the start of his next session, all in baby steps, so that way he just gets into it straight away with the success of just getting something done near instantly.

So, ironically, the lack of a computer can aid in programming!
ConceptDestiny

Post by ConceptDestiny »

Callan S. wrote:Well, these days I actually do some of my 'programming' with a piece of paper and pencil - working out the overal structure, even writing down some of the code in advance.

I used to try and just sit at the computer and BANG just type it out, but it ended up taking a force of will to do that when really I could just go through a series of rough draft stages which requires alot less force of will (ahem, perhaps more force of habit - but your going to end up making programming a habit anyway...)

So you can still work out your game on paper, and it may even be beneficial to do so. I've heard of a programmer tip where the guy says he actually writes up what he's going to do at the start of his next session, all in baby steps, so that way he just gets into it straight away with the success of just getting something done near instantly.

So, ironically, the lack of a computer can aid in programming!
yeah, I write alot of my code structure down on paper too. Allows you to get a better overall perspective and plan ahead. :D
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

I could do that, I was planning on making a better layout anyways, I guess I can map it out.

Possibly getting my laptop today, might get a $600 dollar loan from my mom, and I can pay $20 to overdraft $500 for a week with my bank.

The new laptop I'm getting is a beast, Intel Core i7 - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M GPU, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD. Screen is only 720p though. But for $1100, I'll gladly take all that :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

MikeD wrote: and I can pay $20 to overdraft $500 for a week with my bank.
Only do that if you are absolutely sure you have not bought anything else out of your bank in over a month or two :o It never fails that everytime you get down to $0 in the account, the bank magically remembers to put through all these tiny charges you have had over the last few weeks, like $1.50 for a coke, and $6 for some food, and you get charged that $20 (my bank is freaking $30+) for every charge that comes through. The typical overdraft story is that people end up owing the bank $472 for overdrafting $12. Probably in the end it is best to not treat bank overdraft as a loan ;)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Members Games”