IE Stuff?

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Gustava

IE Stuff?

Post by Gustava »

Thought this was sort of funny..can't wait for it die. - http://www.ie6countdown.com/

But anyways, I thought it was a pretty cool site similar to browsershots with a little extra info. Has some sort of difference mode as well that you can see how it lays out differently - haven't really tested it but looks like a site worth bookmarking.

http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php

Mixed can give you a headache depending which site you use fyi ;)
Jackolantern

Re: IE Stuff?

Post by Jackolantern »

What?! This is Microsoft's own site? Wow, it is refreshing for them finally to admit that IE6 is killing us all on the web, even if it is part of a marketing campaign for IE 9/10. And wow again: USA's rate for IE6 is 1.4% market share? That is more than enough for me to completely drop all support for it that isn't included automatically in libraries and frameworks. I bet in places like the USA, Japan, South Korea and some places in Europe, the number can only get so low so fast due to all of the companies who have IE6 locked in to their workstations and who won't give up Windows 98 or some equally ridiculous OS so they can upgrade.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Post by Chris »

Yeah.. It seems like finally Microsoft are starting to understand things again. I'm not too sure whether they have hit the ball with Windows 8. But Windows Phone 7.5 was a pretty nifty update and I heard they are releasing a command line only server OS to go along with Windows 8.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Gustava

Post by Gustava »

I agree, after seeing how the percents go across the countries roughly..half in China alone; I don't see myself bothering with supporting it either 8-)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

agreed, no support from me. If they can catch up with IE9 I still won't use it over chrome but I will at least support it :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The modern IE's are definitely worth supporting; at least 8 and 9. But supporting 9 and 10 are not that hard, since 9 moved much closer to being a standards-compliant browser. Even the event system and other garbage was completely replaced with the standards-version.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “WebSite”