is hosting ur game over hamachi possible?

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
sefer

is hosting ur game over hamachi possible?

Post by sefer »

Hey, I am trying to make a text based rpg game using the mmo tutorial, and was wondering first before doing this... Is it possible to host the game to people connected to my hamachi only? And if so, how? Naturally I will be leaving my computer up and running so people can connect whenever to the game, and its only going to be for probably 8 or so people. Maybe more.
62896dude

Re: is hosting ur game over hamachi possible?

Post by 62896dude »

Perhaps just on the first page, say "enter the password to enter the site" and if the user actually is allowed to enter it, they will have the pass, enter it in, and then proceed to enter your site, where they can log in, etc. IDK, I may have misunderstood what you were asking, but this should work (kind of)
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
sefer

Post by sefer »

well, by this I mean... I want to host my own website from my computer, but it has to be lan. IE: it has to be inaccessible from the internet. However, since hamachi is used to connect outside computers to your computer, making it act as though they are on your lan, the people who connect through with hamachi will be able to play my game if I add them to my hamachi.

confusing right? lol.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I would say yes IF you can get the website hostable on your Lan.
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

HM yes, that`s an if, although it`s possible, you`ll have to create a closed network where you can install a server. What you could also do is use port fowarding, if you know the port that Hamachi uses, you can set up your server to listen only to that port. That way the site is only accessible from there. Know this though, your URL will be something like:

http://241.123.592.239:94839

Whereas :94 etcetera should be the port name for hamachi
Chris

Post by Chris »

100% is.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.

Return to “WebSite”