My Main Site

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
VampCat

My Main Site

Post by VampCat »

Cool sites you say?...well,...not sure you guys would call mine cool, but I like it. It is a site offering free mods for the sims series of games, primarily the sims 2, most of which were made by myself or a friend of mine called Carrigon. This is only one of my sites/domains, but it is my largest and longest running (over 5 years now).

Until recently I used a very heavily modded version of phpBB2 (and stuck together with lots of sticky tape) but have now switched to Walt Lab's Burning Board, maily because I feel it is more secure than phpBB, and it also had a seamless conversion for my database and attachment files from my old board which was important due to the ammount of members and attachments (currently 139,067 members after culling 40k)

The new version of my site only has a few minor mods from standard at the moment as I have not had the time to alter it to how I would like, and compared with the old site it looks a lot simpler, but my main priority was to get the software switched and get the site back open in the shortest time possible. I will mod it up as and when I have the time to do so.

You can find the site at www.sims2workshop.com

VampCat
Favourite XBOX360 Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Favourite PC Game: APB Reloaded
PC: (Best of 8 in house) Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40ghz
12GB Ram
23" HDMI Monitor
Total Graphics: 4.842gb
Dedicated Grapics: 3.072gb (GeForce GT 640)
HDD 3tb
Jackolantern

Re: My Main Site

Post by Jackolantern »

Very nice! I never played the Sims, much, but my wife did, and really liked mods and stuff like that. I bet she has probably been on your site before, at least to download some stuff :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
VampCat

Re: My Main Site

Post by VampCat »

Jackolantern wrote:Very nice! I never played the Sims, much, but my wife did, and really liked mods and stuff like that. I bet she has probably been on your site before, at least to download some stuff :)
Women tend to download Carrigon's files, she makes a lot of global hacks to change the way the game runs or behaves, etc. It is usually men who download my stuff, cars, guns, etc.
Favourite XBOX360 Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Favourite PC Game: APB Reloaded
PC: (Best of 8 in house) Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40ghz
12GB Ram
23" HDMI Monitor
Total Graphics: 4.842gb
Dedicated Grapics: 3.072gb (GeForce GT 640)
HDD 3tb

Return to “WebSite”