uploading your game.

Post all your tuts or request for tuts here.
darspire

uploading your game.

Post by darspire »

hey halls. i dont know how to publish a game to a website. so i wos wondring if you could make a video on how to do it? that would be geat.
if you love something, let it go.
if it doesnt return.....hunt it down and kill it.
kaos78414

Re: uploading your game.

Post by kaos78414 »

You must purchase a domain name, like mygametitle.com, you can do this at any domain registrar, such as GoDaddy.com.

After that step is over, you can purchase hosting. I'd just go for something cheap for now, you won't need all the bells and whistles right away. But keep in mind, you really do get what you pay for.

If your host is not the same as your domain registrar, you will need to go to your registrar account and point the name servers for your domain to that of your hosting. After that you just need to upload the files for your RPG to your server. You will be provided with a new database so make sure to change your database connection information to match the new DB.

A note on moving the database: Really all you need to do is export the entire database as a SQL file, then run that SQL on your new database.

I'm assuming here that you know your way around phpMyAdmin. Also note that all hosts and registrars will have different interfaces and hosting management software, such as cPanel. It's really up to personal preference as to which host you go with, I hear mixed reviews on almost all of them. I for instance, really don't like GoDaddy's shared hosting plans, but I use them to register my domains.

I was just breezing over all this really fast, if you need a more in depth solution, I guess I could write a tutorial. Or we can wait for Halls :P
w00t
RafliArema

Post by RafliArema »

Sorry before,
But you look too newbie for this....
As a newbie, at least he know about hosting :D
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

RafliArema wrote:Sorry before,
Say what? lol
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Jackolantern wrote:
RafliArema wrote:Sorry before,
Say what? lol
Thats what I was saying haha plus he necroed this ha
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ohh, didn't even notice that.

@RafliArema:

Do not necro old topics, please. And I don't know what your post means, but please refrain from commenting on how "newbie" people appear to you.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
RafliArema

Post by RafliArema »

No, I mean I'm a newbie...
But a newbie still at least know little about hosting, etc....

Got It?
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

But still, look at the date of the post and don't necro posts that are over a month and half old generally.

Return to “Tutorials”