Question on my crashed site...[solved]

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Callan S.

Question on my crashed site...[solved]

Post by Callan S. »

I'm using a free host (yeah, I know, I know), and yesterday I went to upload something using their web based file manager. Except I hit upload before entering a file. Okay, an error comes up, fair enough and I click past it. But then the area that shows the files shows an error. And when I refresh it bumps me back to the main directory, where all of my folders now show up as 'unknown File', so they provide no link to get into them (nor can I get into them via manually typing into the directory box) AND my site is down utterly (try the driftwurld link in my sig for an example).

Anyone heard of something like this? I put in a trouble ticket yesterday but the site is still down. So I'm wondering if there is any knowledge around on the subject?
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
SpiritWebb

Re: Question on my crashed site...

Post by SpiritWebb »

I receive this error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /login.php on this server.

Apache Server at driftwurld.freehostingcloud.com Port 80
Is your site backed up any at all? Do you have a hard copy saved on your computer that you can FTP it back?

Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Yeah, I work from the original that is on my computer - the online version is basically a duplicate.

I'm looking at the public htmls permissions and perhaps they were changed? The permissions are listed as

Code: Select all

rw- r-- r--   
I tried making a new directory in the non public folder and that folders permissions were

Code: Select all

rwx r-x r-x   
I'll try different permissions, but I'm not sure what they do - don't want to let in hackers or anything...
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Yeah, it's a chmod permissions thing - why they all suddenly changed from that one missclick on the interface, I dunno. Seems to be working fine now...thanks for looking into it, spirit! :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

No problem. I try where I can.

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”