Beyond the Box

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
SpiritWebb

Beyond the Box

Post by SpiritWebb »

Another website I am working on. Something I am going to start doing once a week on Saturday nights.
http://beyond.tlastudios.net/

SpiritWebb

Re: Beyond the Box

Post by SpiritWebb »

I have applied a Facebook Connect, so users can sign up using their Facebook account rather then signing up manually. Applied a toolbar at the bottom that floats with the page (not in the way or annoying)to allow users to tweet the page, like the page on Facebook and share the website among different canvas'.

The first show will air on April 10th, 2011 at 8pm CST...

Note: must be a member on the site (signed up) in order to listen to the show. Its FREE!!! :) :) :)

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Is the show going to be recorded as a podcast as well?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Jackolantern wrote:Is the show going to be recorded as a podcast as well?
Not sure yet. I could record it using Audacity...

PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

If you're doing it live, then Wirecast would be a good choice for software. It's a bit pricey though.

pax.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

PaxBritannia wrote:If you're doing it live, then Wirecast would be a good choice for software. It's a bit pricey though.

pax.
For now I am using UBroadcast, until I move over to Pirate Radio. I have used Pirate Radio before in the past and loved it. However need to purchase it again as the download link is only active for 48 hrs and cannot find anything in my stuff that I had got it before. Not a big deal though, figuring its only $40 US. Probably get it later this month (April).

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think recording everything to podcast would be more than worth it. That would open your audience way up compared to only doing a live show. Otherwise people have to see the time of the show, remember to check it out then, not be working or doing something else at the time, etc. It will also let listeners catch-up on shows they missed, thus preventing them from "falling out of the loop" and quit listening.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

This is true, but still doing the live show. I will look into recording the show as well and put it up so people can go back and listen if they missed it.

Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Sounds good. I will see if i can get a listen in on it :)

1 question tho. youll be doing it on saturdays? yet the 10th is a sunday. well atleast on my calander :p
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Yeah, the first one is on a Sunday, had previous engagements on Saturday that I totally forgot about. So moved the first one to Sunday (10th) and the rest will be on Saturdays, same time.

Return to “WebSite”