Gsculpt.

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
kyraneth

Gsculpt.

Post by kyraneth »

I tend to make my models very high poly and unsuitable for real time use. And since i have the indie resource community project coming up, i was looking at some decent free re-topology tools.

The first one that came up was blender, but i was looking for a more straight forward solution (note: i am a proud blenderhead and i love blender :D ). That's how i found Gsculpt It has an amazing set of re-topology tools, as well as some great modeling tools too. You should definitely check it out.

Here is a vid showing it's re-tepology tools in action: http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefo ... awmesh.wmv

Hope you find this helpful. :)
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Sakar

Re: Gsculpt.

Post by Sakar »

Nice find! Would be useful for me but I have Silo for everything except rigging and animation. Unfortunately it costs $130.

I'm sure this will help some other users though :)
kyraneth

Post by kyraneth »

I was looking into silo and seriously considering to buy it, but after a close look on their forums i saw their were concerns about silo's future. So until the nevercenter devs begin communicating again, i searched for a free alternative, hence Gsculpt :D

Thanks for the nice comment ;)
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Yeah, the lack of updates from the devs is kinda discouraging, especially since the one thing keeping it from being the perfect low-cost modeler for me are the random crashes. They fix that and I'll be a Silo user for life :D

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”