Medieval Europe

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
twgi

Re: Medieval Europe

Post by twgi »

When we will launch the beta we will split the forum into two sections, international and italian.

As for the translation thanks! if you see any errors just post them, and if you want to help with the english wiki just tell me so i can create a user for you.
Corinthius

Post by Corinthius »

Yeah, that would be great! :)
I have invited some other testers to do some of the tasks I couldn't - Vassal and Magistrate, they'll let me know if they encounter any problems and I'll report it -

As for the Wiki, it would be good to work on that :) - Do you have a link?

Corinthius.

P.S - I was wondering; I get the general feel of how everything works, but some features require tools, and as such it's hard to test them out properly -
I've asked my Vassal to become a blacksmith to produce tools, because my Blacksmith, along with my small hut and farm/field vanished :( - any ideas why?

Corinthius.
Corinthius

Post by Corinthius »

I hope you don't mind. I will be posting the majority of bugs I find on here, the forums are a little encumbered with foreign languages :lol:

To Fix list:
-------------------
1. The information of the Barracks and Bishop_Palace show as this:
structures_actions.barracks_info
structures_actions.bishoppalace_info
The Royal Palace inventory shows 2 instances of coins -
The coins earned through Tax and the actual treasury amount. I'm not sure if this is a bug. However, the problem is, if I choose to withdraw 1 coin from the tax coins, it takes it from the main treasury. Perhaps this needs sorted? -

Screen shot:
Bug.jpg
-----------------------------------------------
Potential vulnerability:
Some kind of numerical formula seems to appear because of unlimited input box length
Screenshot:
Bug2.jpg
Recommend:
I think limiting the box size within reason of the games intended economy, to the extent you can't put up 1 wheat seed for millions - this could be a potential spam ...

Furthering that ->
Screenshot:
Bug3.jpg
As you can see, I can enlist an item for the price of infinity. This could cause some problems.

------------------------------------------------
Translation fixes:
Royal Palace:
.Taxes
Qui puoi impostare e gestire le tasse del tuo feudo.
When clicking on Royal palace ->

should read:
"Here you can set up and manage your estate taxes "

.Royal palace Header
Currently Reads:
Cancelleria reale del ?Royal Palace
Should read->
Royal Chancellery of the Royal Palace
General Translation fix
Administration of nominees
Should read->
Nominate Administration

I am slowly working my way through, listing everything down on paper that needs correcting in terms of bugs, translations and potential enhancements.

Corinthius.
Corinthius

Post by Corinthius »

Critical bug:
There is a big bug which can be used to gain negative money. This may seem like a minor bug at first, since who would want negative money? - well...
I tested this out, if a player has 500 coins, and then uses this exploit to gain -1000 the system interprets this as being a total of -500 coins

What this means is; I could donate to the royal palace, or castle, or anywhere else and wipe out the funds with a negative balance.
This can also be done by sending the negative money to players.

This should be fixed straight away!

Screenshot proof:
Bug4.jpg
-------------------------------
How this happens? -
Click on inventory for the royal palace, or any "role"-gained structure. Where you have coins, for example - if you have 9 coins in the palace inventory, put a "-" in front of it so that it reads "-9" then click submit - this then withdraws -9 coins. You can do this for as much money as possible. The max being what is displayed in the screenshot.

Screenshot proof 2:
Bug5.jpg

--------------------------------

If possible, could you delete this negative money from my characters account and replace it with the original 300?
Thanks.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Wow, that is some quality quality assurance! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow yeah, love the look of the game btw

if you need topics or sections made let me know.
twgi

Post by twgi »

Sorry for the delay i was busy fixing some bugs, i will fix all these things you found.
P.S - I was wondering; I get the general feel of how everything works, but some features require tools, and as such it's hard to test them out properly -
I've asked my Vassal to become a blacksmith to produce tools, because my Blacksmith, along with my small hut and farm/field vanished - any ideas why?
tools: all the items for making tools should have been added. As for the vanished shop, i ran a bugged script that wiped all the shops. if you need money just tell me here or message me.
twgi

Post by twgi »

The Royal Palace inventory shows 2 instances of coins -
The coins earned through Tax and the actual treasury amount. I'm not sure if this is a bug. However, the problem is, if I choose to withdraw 1 coin from the tax coins, it takes it from the main treasury. Perhaps this needs sorted? -
This is a bug with the item aggregation function, it should aggregate coins in only 1 item.
Corinthius

Post by Corinthius »

There has been several occasions where an error has occurred on the market while purchasing something. The item does not appear in my inventory, however my money is subtracted. The item also stays on the market. - it also does not alert you that your money has decreased, so players may re-try, and lose more money.
Today I attempted to buy a Hoe-Blade, the error occurred and pressed back a couple of times, re-tried. I lost 50coins per try. Still, no item.

Screenshot:
Example_Bug10.jpg
This screenshot shows me confirming a purchase of the hoe blade.

Screenshot 2:
Bug10.jpg
This screenshot shows the error I receive.  Once I go back, or refresh, money is taken from my account. The item remains on the market and no duplicates are created.
Since i'm not sure of the error and it's origin, It's hard to see why this has happened; however it doesn't always happen, only sometimes, with certain items.
I included the URL in the screenshot, in case it may help.

I lost about 300-400 coins, please could you re-add this to Corinthius' account? - Thanks!

[hr]
[size=20pt]Other minor bugs I thought I would mention here.[/size]

The spacing of images is different from the Italian version to the English version.
Screenshot:
Bug9.jpg
As you can see, it's aligned in the Italian version, whereas it's not in the English version.

----------------
Corinthius

Post by Corinthius »

Potential exploit:
When creating a new account- on the character creation page; you somehow have events and messages:
Screenshot:
Bug8.jpg
You can click on them, but it will redirect you to the character creation page again. Perhaps removing this side menu until the char creation is complete ?

--------------
Very small error in titles:
It says "King Corinthius of London" This should be England, right?
Screenshot:
Bug7.jpg

Corinthius.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”