Push Button Engine for Flash and HTML5

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
Tony Richards

Push Button Engine for Flash and HTML5

Post by Tony Richards »

If you're into Flash based engines, Push Button Labs (a bunch of talented ex-Garage Games employees - Jeff Tunnell, Rick Overman, Tim Aste, Ben Garney, and Sean Sullivan) is creating a Flash based game engine called Push Button Engine.

For you non-Flash lovers (read: Flash haters :P ) the IndieZen crew is also working with Push Button Labs to bring a Google Web Tookit version of Push Button Engine to life.

Both of these engines are free and open source using the MIT license and come with a variety of addon-components for networking, AI, 2d physics, etc.

IndieZen is also working on a web based hex tile map editor for 2d and 2.5d games, and an RPG / Adventure Game editor that will support the online GWT version of the Push Button Engine.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Push Button Engine for Flash and HTML5

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow this all looks great, thanks for posting this...I am super excited now. I love to see new web development engines in the work!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Very interesting! I have been interested in Flash for some time, but find traditional game development in it kind of awkward (read: Flash CS# was not made with game development in mind).
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i am anxious to see the 2.5D web engine!

Return to “2D engines”