Looking for a collaboration!

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
Joey

Looking for a collaboration!

Post by Joey »

Hi there, I am looking for a collaberation with somebody to make an MMO - Browser Based.
I have a domain, temporary, if it is a success, I would buy a new one. Basically, I am looking for somebody with Intermediate - Advanced PHP skills.
I would design the game, as I have played about 100 MMO's now, whether they be browser, fps, strategy etc. Leave a message here with your contact address, or PM me, we can discuss from there, thanks.

I am currently working on a 2.5D game 'www.faeorn.com' at the moment, making quests etc :)

So yeah, hoping to collab :)
FLASH - Epic

D3luxe

Re: Looking for a collaboration!

Post by D3luxe »

Joey wrote:Hi there, I am looking for a collaberation with somebody to make an MMO - Browser Based.
I have a domain, temporary, if it is a success, I would buy a new one. Basically, I am looking for somebody with Intermediate - Advanced PHP skills.
I would design the game, as I have played about 100 MMO's now, whether they be browser, fps, strategy etc. Leave a message here with your contact address, or PM me, we can discuss from there, thanks.

I am currently working on a 2.5D game 'www.faeorn.com' at the moment, making quests etc :)

Ehm, just wondering how you've played 100 fps/strategy MMO's..AFAIK there aren't any out of that genre ;)

I don't think you realize what an MMO means. :roll:

Either way, good luck with your game. It's a big undertaking, I hope you're ready for it.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Joey

Post by Joey »

I am very aware of what 'MMO' means - Massive Multiplayer Online...
There are definatly more than 100 MMO's out there...
Head on over to 'www.freebrowsergamer.com' and 'www.freemmogamer.com'

They have 100's!

:)
FLASH - Epic

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

D3luxe wrote:
Joey wrote:Hi there, I am looking for a collaberation with somebody to make an MMO - Browser Based.

Ehm, just wondering how you've played 100 fps/strategy MMO's..AFAIK there aren't any out of that genre ;)

Either way, good luck with your game. It's a big undertaking, I hope you're ready for it.
I don't think he meant "MMO-FPS-Strategy game". I think he meant 100 MMOs, whether they are browser based, stand-alone, FPS-hybrid, strategy-hybrid, etc. There are definitely over 100 MMOs out there once you start counting F2P and browser-based games. Probably thousands.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Jackolantern wrote:
D3luxe wrote:

I don't think he meant "MMO-FPS-Strategy game". I think he meant 100 MMOs, whether they are browser based, stand-alone, FPS-hybrid, strategy-hybrid, etc. There are definitely over 100 MMOs out there once you start counting F2P and browser-based games. Probably thousands.
I know he didn't mean a fps-strategy hybrid, I was simply giving him a hard time. To me, MMO means hundreds or thousands of players online in one world at the same time, with the ability to interact with each other at any given time. I suppose a browser-based game could count, but AFAIK there are no (released) MMOFPS games out. If theres a lobby and you join a game with a strict cap of less than 50-100, I don't think it counts as an MMO.

Just messing with him, though :)
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

D3luxe wrote: I suppose a browser-based game could count, but AFAIK there are no (released) MMOFPS games out.
Planet Side ;)
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Well then, I bite my own tongue :)...Didn't realize that ever got released. I knew a couple were in the works (I think another is Warrock?) but I didn't realize any have been released yet.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Well, it may as well have not been released. The game suffered massive technical problems for a long time, and then suffered the usual mishandling that SoE so lovingly gives its games. However, even with all of these issues, it has garnered a niche playerbase.

Return to “Game Design”