Game Character Model

Models, Sprites, Concept, ect...
Last Known Hero

Game Character Model

Post by Last Known Hero »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting much. Lost myself in school work and the gym. But I am starting a new character and want to make a rough sketch first, then develope it into a nice concept then progress it into model form. I have a very VERY basic sketch going right now that includes just an overpaint over top of a render of a base mesh right now. A few things I had in mind for it. I would like it to be a demon like character, although it will be he hero of the game I have in mind. It starts out as a young looking demon with almost no powers other than to teleport short distances, some super human like strength, and some pretty fast reflexes. As you would go through the game the character's look will develope and gain powers to have a spine tail, ability to throw/stab from spines in the palms, will get horns, skin color will change, become more vainy, gain muscle growth, organic armor, spinal sword, and thats all I have so far, seems like alot but it's not too much yet. The character will also be a more agile type so nothing too brutish.

When I say spinal tail it will look like an extended spine but without the flesh, will have some sort of peircing bone at the end. By spinal sowrd it will just look like a bone sword. Now why am I posting all of this information? Because I would like YOUR input. I will be posting my overpaint of the model that will develope over time but I would like you too create some overpaints of what you would like to see, as detailed as you want too. I'm trying to keep this low poly too so any details will be most likely made via a normal map. Even if you are not the best at art, take a look at my over paint, it's very simplistic, if yours happens to be simplistic as well, just explain what you are drawing a bit. Your original ideas would be best rather than just posting an image of a transformed Dante from DMC or something like that. You can do your overpaint in a different color of your choice.

(sorry for the messy writing on the picture, my tablet has a delayed response in drawing so it makes writing very difficult :P)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t223 ... ed-1-1.jpg

Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
templeguy

Re: Game Character Model

Post by templeguy »

Sound good (:
Can't wait to see :D
Name: Mads
Contry: Denmark
Skill: Just Started
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

nice looks kewl so far.
Last Known Hero

Lol so much for getting some overpaint or some other ideas :P
Power3DArt

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Would you want us to overpaint an addon to what you already have? Do you want us to do a different overpaint? Were you going to give us the models without the overpaint? Want us to come up with our own demon?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

well as you know I am no artist, i like it the way it is. If i post a overpaint it would look like a demon and a can of spray paint had a baby :)
Last Known Hero

Hutch wrote:Would you want us to overpaint an addon to what you already have? Do you want us to do a different overpaint? Were you going to give us the models without the overpaint? Want us to come up with our own demon?
I WOULD like you to overpaint my existing one or overpaint the one below (nothing painted on it) and I would like to see what you would want on the character I will be making, using the information/ideas in my original post. I would prefer it to be your own demon, I don't want to be doing a remake of Dante or Virgil :)

(http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t223 ... ale_01.jpg)

Power3DArt

ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

very nice
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

we need to work on looking at the date of posts and not necro threads so much... thanks!

Return to “Art Showoff”