Welcome Changes

Keep it clean but fun.
Last Known Hero

Welcome Changes

Post by Last Known Hero »

Hey guys, little dead here so I decided to make a post and want to hear about nice changes that have happened recently with all of you, I guess that I will start it off though.

I have been going freelance for my art
I have been going to the gym religiously
I have cut fast food and junk food out of my diet (Not a large kid, im 6 foot 1 and 165 lbs, I just don't eat it because it's really unhealthy)
I have been going to more parties
I have been making new friends cause of those parties
I have significantly improved my marks
I have signifcantly improved my art

Some of these changes aren't huge changes like moving but each one of these have made me a happier person overall, its funny how just a few things can change a mood so drastically, so tell me. What are you changing and how its affecting your lifestyle :)
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
towcar

Re: Welcome Changes

Post by towcar »

Cool Idea

Well I too have made some healthy changes like drinking V8 V-Fusion, it has lots of Vitamin C and some Vitamin A
I have only had one 591ml bottle of pop in the last month
I've begun learning Visual Basic
I stole the Computer Science 20 class information at school so I can get ahead start to up my grades since I need it for University(its too important not too)
Cheated on 2/4 of my tests last week. One I cheated on got 66... WTH I know, other three should be nineties like I planned.
I'm still playing with my soccer ball since we haven't had snow in my area of Canada yet which is different I guess
I stopped running because I'm too busy with everything
Decided to not get the H1N1 shot this friday, its a bold step
Also I'm going back to playing street hockey on Fridays :)

Lets hear some more changes others are doing
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Alright, so myself:

I am trying to improve my Javascript skills
Learning 3D modeling
Turned 29 today
Trying to cut back on smoking to stop smoking altogether
Got a new car the other night (2007 Chevy Impala - paid cash - 46k miles, fully loaded to the "T" for $10k)

Thats about it at the moment...

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Happy bday, spirit!
  • Been refining my 3D modelling skills a lot
  • Recently started learning ZBrush
  • Working on a game in Flash. Hopefully will have up a working version of it soon.
  • Checking out Unity and Unreal Engine 3 for potential projects
  • Started looking for freelance work to get some extra money
  • Been partying a bit more..trying to find that fine balance between school and partying/friends, but I think I've got it down.
  • I started dating someone, and we became official on 11/11/09 :)
  • Unlike you guys, I have been eating a lot more of just about everything. I eat constantly...literally everywhere I go I get something to eat, yet I'm still super skinny...it makes no sense. 5'11" and 115lb's lol.
  • Been working on flatland BMX, since I need some exercise and I don't have my crotchrocket at school with me, so I figured I'd ride my bike.
  • Trying to get home any chance I get that its nice out to ride still, and went on an amazing ride this past weekend..about 3 hours, out and around a lake with one of my friends.
aaand that's about it for me.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

what a great topic.

I started to say I see a trend here but I am in the same boat as deluxe, eating and eating. I am 31, 6'0" and 135lbs. Doesn't make sense....
  • Developing my career, getting a awesome promotion within few months, yes another one
    Getting moved, i have spent nearly everything I have to make this move happen
    Learning the unreal engine
    Focusing all my attention to one major project, a project that is my dream game
    Building this site and getting some more users(though i love our current community)
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

• Improving my art skills (mainly figuring out how to make textures and UVmap models)
    Learning programming languages like C++ and C#
    Learning how to use Unity to build some games
    Building a website for my game development group
That's about it for me
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:what a great topic.

I started to say I see a trend here but I am in the same boat as deluxe, eating and eating. I am 31, 6'0" and 135lbs. Doesn't make sense....
Haha I am the same way I don't really gain fat, i used to eat 3 meals a day of anything I wanted and stay skinny. but lately I eat no junk food (chips, pop, fries, anything fast food etc.) And I have been noticing a HUGE difference in my stamina! The first two weeks are tough cause you really feel like having something tasty but after that I dont even have any cravings for it, and if I do eat it I feel sick (even just fries make me feel sick now).
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i wish i could get to that, its the 2 weeks that are so hard :)
Viper

Post by Viper »

Improving my programming lately in school.
Starting up a project to hopefully use RC or RCPRO
Been recruiting, with decent success.
Been doing great, grade wise.
Been working out again, 5'8" 125 Lbs
Likely getting a job at Best Buy :D

Return to “Off-Topic”