Simple Rpg

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
Lord Strife

Simple Rpg

Post by Lord Strife »

first let me say that the title "Simple Rpg" is a work in progress , second this game has no overall game design or "story" thought up. I just took halls map code example he gave me and started working on ideas and fitting them together , all design done is crappy stuff I did quickly to get any type of layout going

here's a live example : Current Live Example
n/a = not started , alpha = work in progress , beta = near finalization , final = finished ;)
design = alpha
login / registration (character creation) system = alpha
map(display) = alpha
map(movement) = alpha
map(encounters) = alpha
map(worlds? , realms ?) = n/a
class system= alpha
race system = alpha
leveling system = alpha (at best)
monster/npc system = n/a(although a couple quick examples are in place for testing the battle system)
attack/battle system = alpha

Would love to find some people on both the coding and more importantly the design(graphic) sides to get together and work on this.
It has a medieval theme of sorts right now but not enuff detail or work has been done on the guts to stop it from easily being adaptable to another genre
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Simple Rpg

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow awesome job! You really took my code and made it shine! Nice work man. I love the feel of it and the design. I sense a real hit here
Lord Strife

Post by Lord Strife »

thanks Halls , although i would luv to find a artist to work with me on this , the tile sets out there are sooooo "80's" style :( , and I know I will need original monsters and NPC's. Sucks to not have artistic talent like some of you (I can draw but can use those overwhelming graphics programs for shit) best i can do it gimp
towcar

Post by towcar »

just to let you in on a small bug, when you move your mouse on the username box, it goes behind it. lol
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

towcar wrote:just to let you in on a small bug, when you move your mouse on the username box, it goes behind it. lol
It doesn't do that for me. What browser do you use?
towcar

Post by towcar »

Internet Explorer
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

That would explain it :)

Return to “Recruitment”