Unreal Engine 3

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Unreal Engine 3

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

haha no doubt. I have been toying with the editor and scripting and I am really leaning towards a Sci-Fi RPG. It will look so dang pretty and I can add puzzles using physics and have some sweet vehicles. Maybe even make it multiplayer where the players can host their own games.
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

I'm still having trouble finding some good resources for learning the scripting language. If I learn that I can get working on my game ideas.
Cayle

Post by Cayle »

Two good sources:

1 - The "Mastering Unreal Technology" books

2 - If you can track down a copy of Unreal Tournament 3, Collector's Edition, do so. It had a DVD with 20 hours of video tutorials. Block a long weekend and you'll have pretty much mastered modding UT3 by the end. The UDK is very similar.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

those tutorials are posted on the web for download and on pirate bay and demonoid. They are GREAT tuts. If they are the same ones you are talking about. The Buzz3d ones?

Have you looked into Kismat? Its the unreal visual scripting tool much like blenders. Very nice...
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

I just started messing with the KisMet, so awesome! It's very easy to use and quite powerful, plus I don't have to stare at code all the time :)

Return to “3d Engines”