GameGuru The Easy Game Maker

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Kesstryl

GameGuru The Easy Game Maker

Post by Kesstryl »

I got a copy of this back in July, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Still in development, but already full of a lot of features, and out of the box you can make a FPS with no coding. You can make other types of games through the scripting language which is Lua. You can make RPGs with scripting, and I've seen one person experiment with camera control to make a Sim City type game. Multiplayer is still being developed, but you can create multiplayer games right now and have other Gameguru players join your game via Steam.

I have tried a LOT of things, and this is by far the easiest game making software I have ever used. It's gotten me to finally learn Blender so I can make my own 3D assets, Lua is easy to pick up if you have any background in PHP or Javascript, and is a simple and clean language to script with, and the engine gets features put in and updates regularly. The developers have a feature vote system, and whatever is at the top of the list is what they will work on and add to the engine next. The community is really great and helpful too, and people are always giving away free scripts and 3D assets to the community.

Here's the main website, but I recommend watching for Steam sales (And with no license fees, when it is on sale, it is a STEAL!)

https://www.game-guru.com/
Callan S.

Re: GameGuru The Easy Game Maker

Post by Callan S. »

So it compiles to an exe? Any browser compatable options?
Kesstryl

Re: GameGuru The Easy Game Maker

Post by Kesstryl »

No this is just a 3d engine, it's not a browser engine. It's still very fun and easy to work with for those who want to make regular .exe games.

Return to “3d Engines”