Torque3D

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Sakar

Torque3D

Post by Sakar »

Yep, Torque3D was released yesterday, so I picked up the trial and started messing with the demo. The new toolbox is quite nice, though it feels a little cluttered. The GUI and World editor interfaces are very nice and clean (much better than previous versions). But where it failed at was where it was supposed to be best at, visual performance.

It looks nice, really nice, but performs sub-par in comparisons to other engines such as Unity, C4, or Leadwerks. I know it's not my computer, as I can play Crysis with everything on high with no issues or lag spike what-so-ever. Other engines like C4, Unity, and Leadwerks also performed quite well on this computer, but sadly T3D just fell (average of 20FPS). Yes everything was on high, but so was everything in all the other engines and games I've tested/played.

Has anyone else tried the demo of T3D? How was your performance and what do you think about it?
D3luxe

Re: Torque3D

Post by D3luxe »

Sakar wrote:Yep, Torque3D was released yesterday, so I picked up the trial and started messing with the demo. The new toolbox is quite nice, though it feels a little cluttered. The GUI and World editor interfaces are very nice and clean (much better than previous versions). But where it failed at was where it was supposed to be best at, visual performance.

It looks nice, really nice, but performs sub-par in comparisons to other engines such as Unity, C4, or Leadwerks. I know it's not my computer, as I can play Crysis with everything on high with no issues or lag spike what-so-ever. Other engines like C4, Unity, and Leadwerks also performed quite well on this computer, but sadly T3D just fell (average of 20FPS). Yes everything was on high, but so was everything in all the other engines and games I've tested/played.

Has anyone else tried the demo of T3D? How was your performance and what do you think about it?
I've had the opportunity to test a full world built with T3D (a ton of assets..generally pretty high poly), and it looked amazing. The performance was greatly improved over TGEA as well, at least for me. I don't remember my FPS, however IIRC it never dropped under 50-60..
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM

Return to “3d Engines”