Some good C# Game Engines

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Some good C# Game Engines

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Any recommendations? Preferably 2d but many are both. The first person to say XNA gets slapped with a rotten trout.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Some good C# Game Engines

wow delta engine has really come a long way. Even has web deployment and development is done in VS!

http://www.deltaengine.net/home
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:wow delta engine has really come a long way. Even has web deployment and development is done in VS!

http://www.deltaengine.net/home
That does look pretty good. They have some starter kits too. Ghost Wars looks pretty cool :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

One of the most advanced C# engines I have seen is Sunburn. It is XNA based though, so I am worried it may be a bit outdated. MonoGame wrangles XNA and does a crapton of work to make it work on modern platforms, but without this kind of work, what are you looking at for XNA? Xbox 360, Zune, and Windows Phone 7.5? Not exactly jaw-dropping. But it of course has Windows support provided the runtimes required are still coming with newer .NET framework redistributables. Now that I say it, I am not 100% sure they are.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Cayle

Post by Cayle »

How is that delta engine? I've been working server side for Magicus Occultus... well really on the design time tools, (which are all in c#, with a bit of Python to use PyEphem) and I'll soon be turning to the client side for the first test rig. I was thinking of using one of the javascript, write once, run everywhere frameworks, but by c# fu is much stronger than my javascript fu.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

can I answer unity 3d :lol:
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

To be fair, Unity isn't a C# game engine ;) It only uses the .NET scripting engine, and the rest is written in C++.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hmm seems I was mistaken, Delta3d is not delta engine, interesting...
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Fully true Jack, but nobody specified if it must be fully in C# (which would anyhow at some level not be true)
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

it is not a c# game engine though. That is merely a scripting language it uses the same as it is not a javascript game engine or world of warcraft is not a lua game engine even though it uses it. Regardless this is why you will be smacked with a trout! :P

Return to “3d Engines”