Coppercube 3D browser engine

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Kesstryl

Coppercube 3D browser engine

Post by Kesstryl »

This engine looks really cool, a 3D no coding engine for a web browser. I'm sure a good game will need to be programmed, but nice launching point for fast development or beginners like me http://www.ambiera.com/coppercube/index.html
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Coppercube 3D browser engine

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I use it. Works very well.
TheElk

Post by TheElk »

I have used it to re make our games in to single player EXE. games.

originally we had made them with RC and they worked and still have them.

But I can say Niko is always updating and bug fixing. Great product I recommended it ;)

you can make flash, Webgl, Android for both mac and windows.

TheElk
Home of Battle of the Juggernauts & Killer Raceway....
http://www.mysteriousstudios.net/
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

TheElk wrote:I have used it to re make our games in to single player EXE. games.

originally we had made them with RC and they worked and still have them.

But I can say Niko is always updating and bug fixing. Great product I recommended it ;)

you can make flash, Webgl, Android for both mac and windows.

TheElk
You used Coppercube? I thought it was specifically a WebGL browser-based engine?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
TheElk

Post by TheElk »

Hi Jackolantern

Yes I did ;)

No you can make stand alone windows or mac games. :shock:

The Elk
Home of Battle of the Juggernauts & Killer Raceway....
http://www.mysteriousstudios.net/
srachit

Post by srachit »

Yup according to the website you can publish it as windows, mac or android application or you can publish it on websites as webGL or flash
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

I checked the demos, what I like is the option to deploy as flash or webgl, but honestly webgl at least on firefox is way too slow to be really usable. I also like the fact you have JS as scripting language under, even if personally I'm not a fan of it, I could at least say that I don't need one language more. I would have to really try it before judging, yet somehow it seems to not be at the level of unity 3d. Could be just due to their demos.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Unity uses a plugin while webgl is native. Check out mozillas bannana bread or quake live to see the true speed of WebGL.

The demos run great for me but I remember on anotehr machine when I tried them they were a bit slow on Mozilla and good on Chrome. I think it has to do with a few things. It is not inherently the webGL
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Mozilla just crashed on me with Bannana bread...

For unity, it should also be able to produce flash outputs. Not really sure the current status of it, but I saw some tech demo from them and it was quiet impressive.

I must say I'm anyhow somewhat skeptic on developing anything big with JS, (which is what you need to do to create a game in webgl), as the debugging and code writing is always not as good as other languages for example C#.

Also, leaving my code fully open to everyone, specially for an MMO is not something I'm really keen of. Why? because it makes just things easier for people to exploit. God mod for example.

Even if I would be in favor of picking a standard, and something which doesn't require any plugin, I'm not convinced a JS based web game is the way to go.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

All code is capable of being reverse engineered. At the same time JS can be hidden and you can put a stop to hackers all teh same with server side and client checks but i it is harder so i do get your point.

JS actually has some great debugging but it is not the standard way of debugging as with other languages. I use both .Net and JS daily and I can debug equally it is just JS is handled differently. Got to change your whole concept of debugging :P

You might want to check your mozilla. If it runs slow with those examples and crashes on bannana bread then it may be a update issue or something as mozilla wrote bannana bread so it should run fine.

I do see your point s with JS. It is a give and take relationship no doubt. Can be a royal pain at times. :)

Return to “3d Engines”