Neoaxis 1.2 help needed!!

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Pika

Neoaxis 1.2 help needed!!

Post by Pika »

I'm totally new, I've spend a lot of time try to ask on NeoAxis chat and forum but find no solution...

Neoaxis, from some time is give with some demos to implement the basic funcionality and to be expanded (as they say!) but it's no even 1 sentence about nice RTS demo.

My ask is where to start... Where is the code that make it work (building buildings spawn units) how can i add new butons to GUI [understend me, i know how to use gui editor, map and resources editor but it's NOT have any code that make buton work, also nothing in logic editor]

I planed to use it as learning platform to expand... but is just nothing to look at all...
Pleas tell me where to search for code making it work...

I've got 3 simple task to do
Add new button to building menu (spawn new robot)
add new button to building menu (ability to bulid new building)
Add new type of supplies that can be gather (same way like in demo)

I know that i just have to copy "types" and rename it but I also need to set it to work (code buttons to add new bulding type, unit type) and make a new type of mine.

Maybe here is somebody who know well NeoAxis engine and spend his/her time (probably less then 5 minuts...) to give me some advise...
I read the NeoAxis wiki... Play around some time but still I've got NO progress...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Neoaxis 1.2 help needed!!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have not used Neo Axis in years so sorry I cannot help but someone else might.
Pika

Post by Pika »

thx for answer anyway...

Nice in browser RTS tutorial you published on YT but it's a lot to do I think... Do you going to make next parts of tutorial? (I find 5 parts only)
Good work mate!

Sorry for my english.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

It appears NeoAxis is simply a scriptable 3D game engine. You are likely starting from nearly a blank slate, which means making an RTS with PHP, HTML and Javascript would probably actually be less work than making one with NeoAxis. Especially if you count having to make piles and piles of 3D models. If you are set on using a 3D engine, you should probably check out Unity 3D instead, because it is basically the industry standard now for hobbyist/small indie 3D games. It has a huge community, tons of tutorials and books written on it, and much more freely available code so you can simply plug in needed features. That is, unless NeoAxis has some kind of feature I am missing that doesn't exist in Unity 3D. :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “3d Engines”