Dark Basic Professional

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Dark Basic Professional

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am going to start using it to make a 3d exploration game.

If you have any links, dlls, advice, ect.... please post here. Thanks
Jackolantern

Re: Dark Basic Professional

Post by Jackolantern »

Well, when I used it about 2 years ago, the online tutorials left a lot to be desired. They were basically "how to do this random thing" and then "how to do this random thing" and then "you should be able to figure out the rest!". If you are already versed in programming, some parts may not work exactly how you would expect them to work.

However, besides that, it is a great tool. You can literally quarter development time and lines of code written by using it compared to something like C++.

As far as links for dlls, advice, etc. I am trying to find this one site that had a lot of promise back when I used it. It is linked in one of the forum mod's signatures, and is something like "learningdbpro.com", but that is not it. It has tons of resources, the best online tutorials. I just wish I remember which forum mod it was so I could do a search for them.

As for DLLs, if you could tell me some more about your game, such as what effects it will require, I can probably find you some. Also check out TheGameCreators "Project Announcement" forum, as there has been a trend in the community for the last few years that a lot of the completed projects are actually DLLs, plugins and developer tools as opposed to completed games.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i actually was surprised by the latest version. I too used it a few years back and there was alot to be left desired, but the latest version has really improved.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I may check it out again some time. I have the online edition just sitting on my computer gathering virtual dust.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “3d Engines”