Torque 3d

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Torque 3d

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am sure many of you got this email but thought I would post anyways...Going to try to stay more on top of indie news.
Torque 3D Now Runs on Macs!

Summer has officially arrived, and with it the release of Torque 3D Beta 3. With 200 improvements and more than 100 fixes, this has been our largest beta release of Torque 3D yet! If you've been waiting to do game development on a Mac with the latest 3D game engine technology, now's the time to take the plunge, before the $100 discount is reduced on July 1st to $50.

Mac support isn't the only thing the Torque 3D team has up its sleeve. We've introduced a bunch of new features into Beta 3, including:

Shape Editor: The brand new, previously unannounced Shape Editor allows you to apply various changes to a mesh after it is loaded. You can merge animations, define nodes, rename meshes, and more.

Decal Editor: The Decal Editor allows you to quickly paint and edit decals in the scene. We've done a major rework of Decal-related source code, so it's now much more efficient and significantly easier to understand.

Mesh Road Editor: Sometimes just looking at a mock-up helps you understand how to fully implement an idea into your game. The Mesh Road Editor allows you to quickly prototype a 3D mesh road. It's great for alpha builds and quick game-in-a-day ideas.

pureLIGHT Support: Unlike other lightmapping solutions, pureLIGHT uses an iterative approach to generating lightmaps with displayed results in real time. And like Torque 3D, pureLIGHT supports any 3D application that will export in the Collada format. Check out the pureLIGHT blog for more details.
kyraneth

Re: Torque 3d

Post by kyraneth »

Thank for posting this here, i didn't receive the email as i am not subscribed to any GG newsletter. Anyone has an idea on when it will be released?
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

When the email was sent.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
kyraneth

Post by kyraneth »

I meant the final release of torque 3d, not the beta phase. We are gonna see a lot of new indie games when this is released, even with the high price tag ...
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

the email was sent the same day I posted, maybe 30 minutes before

Return to “3d Engines”