Halls did it

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Halls did it

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Yep I am now proud owner of T3d!

I figured the only way I am going to settle down and stick with one engine is if I buy one. I love the web deploy option and the the TMMOKIT option.

Expect some screenies of something soon :)
Jackolantern

Re: Halls did it

Post by Jackolantern »

Congratz! :) Can't wait to see some screens!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

grats...
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

Is this for a MMO project or non-mmo?

T3D only supports 1000 people connected at once. I don't know if that will actually hamper anything or not...you'll just have to have a lower pop cap and more servers :)
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

well, a thousand connections at once is a ways off... Now if halls was getting that much support I am sure he would have some type of revenue that would allow for multi server support.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

actually the TMMOKIT with T3D increases that significantly and allows for multi-servers so you are looking at 10's of thousands....like I would get that many players :) .

Also I am not going to instantly start a MMO. I mainly bought T3D for its web deployment. It is miles ahead of any other engine right now.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Ravinos wrote: T3D only supports 1000 people connected at once.
*Only*? :)

That's so much better than any of the other engines out there. I would love to do a game and know that 1000 people could connect to a server at once to play it. :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

haha amen!
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:actually the TMMOKIT with T3D increases that significantly and allows for multi-servers so you are looking at 10's of thousands....like I would get that many players :) .

Also I am not going to instantly start a MMO. I mainly bought T3D for its web deployment. It is miles ahead of any other engine right now.
Thats not that bad then :) I mainly meant it as a point of fact that you could have only 1000 at a time....what if your game actually had more than 1000 at once. Your player base for web driven game would be higher than a download version normally just because of the ease of use. Shit I still play Runescape from time to time cause I can play it at work on shitty computers lol. If I actually had to download the game I wouldn't play it at all.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hehe thats exactly what I love about the web plugin. Simple play from the web. It either works instantly or it doesn't.

Return to “3d Engines”