Halls did it

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Halls did it

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

yes i got the $100 version and was able to do all my modding without source. I definitely recommend it. Get the demo first though!!! Torque script has a learning curve so be warned. Look at this thread and start drooling :)
http://www.torquepowered.com/community/ ... read/93301
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Before I bought T3D I heard a lot of different things (mainly bad) about its rendering and speed. I also was very scared that it would cause me to lose a lot of players who do not have the latest greatest cards. Well lets just put that to bed.

TGEA would not run on my work laptop, crappy dell with a intel video card..With T3D I can not only run it on my laptop but actually build scenes with shaders. It blows my mind.

some examples, remember this is not T3D's full power, just what i am doing on a crappy intel video card.

now this does not mean any laptop or crappy card can play it but for the most part everything I heard was a tall tale. It still lags out a bit but I can still develop with my laptop which makes me happy.

And yes I can add more than one tree :)
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

I am really looking into getting this. It wouldn't be a bad purchase.. and I was looking at those screenshots and some of them made me want it even more. I needed something really realistic for my game, and unity couldn't provide some of those capabilities. I am just so happy that you can have specular, diffuse and normal all at once! Finally an engine made for artists.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

and you simply click a button and they are added! Even has a gauge for how much you want!
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

I would've bought it a while ago, but I was rather skeptical about it considering my past experience with Torque engines.

After seeing hearing your thoughts on it (especially with your past experience) I'm now considering getting it.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

IS the only differences between $1000 T3D and the binary version a lack of source code? $100 T3D sounds pretty nice :) Did you get the full version with source, Halls, or just the binary?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

i got only the binary and yes the only difference is the source which I can't use anyways. I actually built a login system that hooks to a mysql database using scripts only.

You also can't use beta patches so you have to wait a little longer. Like for instance they have T3D 1.1 beta released to source owners for testing. Us binary users will get it when its released in a month. Doesn't bother me :)

One of the things I LOVE is that say you build a model in your favorite modeling program. You export it and put it in game. Lets say one texture on that whole model doesnt look right...well with T3D you dont have to go back to the modeling program, you can change that one texture on the model right in game in a matter of seconds!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

added drivable vehicles in

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Very nice!

Return to “3d Engines”