Halls did it

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Jackolantern

Re: Halls did it

Post by Jackolantern »

It would definitely be an important factor to have room to grow. You would not want to suddenly have a surge of popularity and have to turn people away (unless of course your game was strictly free to play and you were running out of server resources, that is).
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

well I plan on charging around $3 a month so 1,000 people at $3 a month would be fine for me. If I had a huge swell for players then I could hire someone to expand my limit ;)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

god i love the terrain!

This was a 3 minute job but I just love how easy it is and how nice it can come out

Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

Nice Halls. How big can the zones be in T3D? Did you purchase the binary or pro version?

I downloaded the demo and I have to say it's one of the easiest to use tool sets I have come across. I know nothing of C++ programming though but the world building is simply amazing. It's quick, clean, and easy to manipulate. I imported in a bunch of terrain images I've had for awhile and started using those and even though they are extremely high res I had no issues with the web player slowing down.
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

It seems like an impressive collaboration of tools. Maybe if I can get a job I will afford enough for a computer that could a collaboration like that :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

zones can be HUGE, not sure the exact specs though. I have the binary version. I see no point in getting the source right now. I will not be messing with source for some time if ever and by that time T3D will be cheaper.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

light rays with hdr, i love it.... looks far better in game need to get a video :)

Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

Looking sexy. I've just been world building like crazy seeing what the limitations are. What does the paid version give you that the demo doesn't?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

demo is same as paid I believe. I just don't think you can build and save in the demo. Not quite sure.

Today I built a log in system that ties your log in to a mysql database using php. I am so proud of myself for figuring it out. This engine is really fitting me well.
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

Looks incredible halls!! I was checking it out online and I am sceptical about buying it, did you get the $100 version?? If so would you recommend it for someone looking to create an MMOFPS? I need something that can support big zones with nice graphics.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]

Return to “3d Engines”