Game with RC

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Game with RC

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I have been fooling around with RC a bit here lately and I really need to jump back on the band wagon and get a project going with it again. At first I was going to start FS up again but after thinking about it I am not sure I want to go the SCI-FI route with RC. It will take some major source edits and it just doesn't fit it right. Not only that I love working on Fantasy based projects, Quests of Crocania is moving along very fast and I am enjoying working on it.

Has the fantasy genre really been played out? Can it ever be played out? What about Fantasy MMOs? I am thinking if I do choose to make a Fantasy based I could throw a curve in it and make it a bit different that the average fantasy MMO. Hmm not sure what this ramble means :) Does Fantasy based MMOs capture your attention as much as others like apocalyptic or Sci-Fi?
ZeroComp

Re: Game with RC

Post by ZeroComp »

I love apocalyptic even though my zombie mmo failed :lol:
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I prefer fantasy over any other genre, but I don't want to play "just another fantasy game". Something in the fantasy realm, but with something unique to it, would be a welcome addition :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I agree, I still cling to fantasy when looking for a game. I am just trying to work out a new and fresh look/feel to it. I believe I will continue the Quests of Crocania idea and just make a 3d version in RC.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I agree, I still cling to fantasy when looking for a game. I am just trying to work out a new and fresh look/feel to it. I believe I will continue the Quests of Crocania idea and just make a 3d version in RC.
Awwww...RC...should go to Unity...Muahahahahahahaha

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

RC isn't so bad anymore. I enjoy working with it and seeing Knights of Dream City and Fasaria World I feel much more comfortable about the quality of the game that can be made and the server stability.

Unity will take far more resources than I have to make a MMORPG.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I love fantasy games, particularly MMOs. However, the Tolkein-styled games are pretty old. Most game companies seem to have realized this, though, and are adding in lots of new elements to their creations.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “3d Engines”