Amazon releases a game engine

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
OldRod

Amazon releases a game engine

Post by OldRod »

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/

Had no idea that Amazon was getting into game development.

This is apparently based on the CryEngine, which is pretty good I hear :) Anyone have any info on this?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Amazon releases a game engine

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Whoa :shock:
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

The catch being you have to use Amazons web services for any and all online play/systems.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

correct but the good thing is you only pay for what you use and if the auto setup is as easy as they claim it to be that could be well worth it.
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:correct but the good thing is you only pay for what you use and if the auto setup is as easy as they claim it to be that could be well worth it.
Maybe. I just don't like the idea of putting all that work into a project only to have another company like Amazon tell me what I can/can't do with it. Not when you take into account the number of guidelines you would already have to follow if you're realising an app for it etc...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

makes sense. I am staying away just for the sheer fact of requirements to even run the engine.
We recommend you use a PC with Windows 7 64-bit, 8+ GB RAM, a 3GHz+ quad-core processor, and a 2+ GB DX11+ compatible video card.
Granted I have a machine with those specs imagine the players that do not have it as I am certain the engine will have the same requirements.
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Still looks pretty damn awesome, but yeah I do not currently have a computer that can even run it :lol:
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".

Return to “3d Engines”