HTTP input cross website

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Jackolantern

Re: HTTP input cross website

Post by Jackolantern »

Glad you were able to figure it out :)

Sorry I didn't respond on this sooner, but I have never worked on trying to do push notifications from PHP before. This is a very interesting solution, though!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Hmmm....first and foremost it really sounds like a mobile app idea. Anything related to push notifications really shines on mobile where a system to display notifications at any time exists. A web interface could tie-in as well, but it really sounds like a mobile play.

I will say that perhaps PHP is not the best-equipped for this. Node.js may be a better direction. Node is more flexible than PHP when it comes to push notifications, REST web services (probably the best way to communicate with mobile apps) are dead-simple, and possibly most important is that node works very well when it comes to being reactive to data. What I mean by that is when a notification comes into your system from one of the data sources (forums, games, etc.), you can easily spark-up the system to do what you need to do. It would be a bit more complicated in PHP, and may require command-line PHP scripts depending on how the data reaches you (web service requests could start-up a PHP application since they can be viewed as regular HTTP requests, but socket connections are more complicated in PHP than in node). Plus, your whole system for push notifications can be folded into your application, rather than depending on a third-party push service. Node excels at all kinds of socket communications.
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

So your trying to make https://tapatalk.com/
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Interesting idea :) Keep us posted on how it comes along!
Sim

Post by Sim »

Wouldn't PHP be more secure then JS as well?

I can what's being sent to outgoing servers with JS via Network in browser.

With PHP, I can't really see what data is being sent from a web server. ;\
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”