Different UI/Frameworks

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Epiales

Different UI/Frameworks

Post by Epiales »

For a beginner basically in JavaScript, does anyone have a best option to start with? I've been looking at a few, bootstrap, W2ui, and a jqueryui one as well. I have no idea which would be the best for a beginner?
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
Jackolantern

Re: Different UI/Frameworks

Post by Jackolantern »

What are you wanting to build with it?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Jackolantern wrote:What are you wanting to build with it?
Well, I've been searching for 100 years trying to find how to do javascript for popup windows and such. The basic things you could use in a game. I figured a framework or something might be a good idea to download and look at the code. I learn best when I can see the actual code and learn myself by error than to watch a video to be honest. I figured it would put many of the options at a click away instead of spending HOURS of research online searching google lol.... Just curious is all.
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Bootstrap is great, and very easy to pickup. Probably the easiest in fact. jQuery UI is not really a full UI framework, so much as a collection of supplemental features. The last time I messed with it was a long time ago, but at the time it was very heavy for what it did - almost all of which you can get as part of bootstrap.

Foundation is absolutely amazing if you aren't opposed to SASS, but it comes with a slightly higher learning curve IMO.

My recommendation would have to go to Bootstrap.
w00t
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Yep love me some bootstrap.

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”