Python Good CLI framework

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Chris

Python Good CLI framework

Post by Chris »

Does anyone have any experience with a python CLI framework that actually works?

I've tried cement which I can't get to work. I don't understand Cliff and Naked correct me if I'm wrong isn't much of a framework.

Thanks!
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Python Good CLI framework

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Python is one of those languages for me. I used it during my TMMOKIT days building a 3d MMORPG but even then was minimal. It is one of those languages that calls me to learn it(basically syntax I am sure) but I never bring myself to it.

So in other words I do not know any and just wasted your time :P
Cayle

Post by Cayle »

I'm probably the resident "Python Guy", but what is a CLI Framework?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I learned Python in school, but yeah, I am also kind of stumped on what a "CLI framework" would be. I am assuming CLI stands for "command line interface" (damn you Microsoft for throwing in "Common Language Infrastructure" to the same acronym!)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Script47

Post by Script47 »

Jackolantern wrote:I learned Python in school, but yeah, I am also kind of stumped on what a "CLI framework" would be. I am assuming CLI stands for "command line interface" (damn you Microsoft for throwing in "Common Language Infrastructure" to the same acronym!)
Yes it does mean, that. I have tried Python but never used any frameworks, I didn't think there would be any frameworks for CLI application.

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”