My wamp doest work

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
LioN

My wamp doest work

Post by LioN »

Hi, first of all if this thread is in the wrong section then im sorry and a mod can move it :)

I have a problem with my wamp it just wont go online, just goes yellow. You can't even click on, nothing happens when u click the little box in the right bottom coner.

when i start wamp i get this message

and when its on i cant click on it, like its freezen, but its not cuz when i hover over it with my mouse i get this message.

I dont have msn or skype on and i had xampp but i uninstalled it

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Jackolantern

Re: My wamp doest work

Post by Jackolantern »

Can you left click the WAMP icon, and get the options menu? If you can, mouse over Apache, then on the new menu, mouse over Service, and then click "Test Port 80". Usually an issue with WAMP staying yellow is that another application has Port 80 locked up. I had a hell of a time one day with the same problem, and every post was only talking about MSN and Skype (like you mentioned), but it was actually Microsoft SQL Server's Reporting Services. I had to go into SQL Server config files (lots of them) and change the port. Port 80 is the most common internet port, and many applications try to use it unfortunately.

If you don't get a menu when you left click on WAMP, this is something else, and could possibly be a corrupt installation. I have never heard of WAMP being frozen like that. Try turning your computer off, and back on (all the way off to no power, not a reset), and try again. If you are still having the same problem, and can't find any tips when you Google, I suppose you would just need to reinstall.

EDIT: Ooooo, you had XAMPP installed. How did you uninstall it? Did you verify before installing WAMP that every service and application installed by XAMPP was uninstalled? It can cause some serious problems if WAMP is installed on top of ghost remnants of XAMPP.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
LioN

Post by LioN »

oh dude i love you :D

i think it was the xampp :) i restored my computer to a time before i had, two days ago and reinstalled wamp and now it works!

thanks
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Great idea! I didn't think about doing a system restore to a pre-XAMPP configuration. Glad to have helped!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”