Almightoronia Development Questions

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
mailmeharry2008

Almightoronia Development Questions

Post by mailmeharry2008 »

I created this post in hope that this community helps me build my own game.

As i was almost on the verge of giving up i started writing my game here - https://www.almightoronia.wordpress.com
So far what i had made is a registration system only and that too is outdated i.e. not as per my current plans. Its here - http://www.almightoronia.epizy.com

Jack said that it is easy to make text game and the community here will help me. And this can be done in javascript only.
Please provide me instructions here. Step by step, i will try to make game as per your instructions.
Jackolantern

Re: Almightoronia Development Questions

Post by Jackolantern »

It is a bit too in-depth for us to go through step-by-step in posts and write everything out. However, we don't have to! Halls has already created some nice YouTube tutorial videos that explain, step-by-step, how to create a browser-based MMORPG. He has an older series here and a newer series here. I would suggest checking out both of them. The newer one is a bit better, but the old one is longer and includes more features. It doesn't use all Javascript. Instead it is made with PHP, another beginner-friendly programming language.

Otherwise you could check out one of the game engines available from people on this forum, such as NeaB, KWM or you could wait for Hall's engine.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
mailmeharry2008

Well its been many years since i am trying to make this game based on tutorials or engines. And by the way of tutorials, i was never successful. I am not a coder, so there is no way i can accomplish that thing. Even engines are something that can't help me accomplish anything. I researched so many engines from your big engine list. A proper game can only be made by a coder. I was willing to hire a coder too, but even in that i got discouraged due to my low budget of 100 dollars.
Even a_bertrand from game makers forums (creator of dot world maker engine) said me not to code, seeing how hopeless i am for coding :D

For making my game I need a coder who either voluntarily help me step by step, or partner with me to have a share of profits from this project in future. I don't mind even if he takes higher share like 60 - 40, 70-30, or even 80-20 too. All i want to see is my game running out there. That is the only reason i was discouraged to the extent of writing my game just in hope that some coder like this idea of mine and come to my rescue :D
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

That is not what I told you. I told you to first learn to code before going forward. Why? Because none of the engines you will ever find will fit 100% your needs which means you will at least to modify / implement the missing pieces. Therefore if you don't have much clues about coding this will be hard.

If you are seriously interested in creating games, you should therefore take the time to learn how to code.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
mailmeharry2008

Learning to code is not possible for me without a proper mentor. As i had tried with tutorials and that are not sufficient for me.
I also have no dream to be a programmer, so without that kind of dream it is hard to go towards that line.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I agree with Alan. Finding a competent programmer willing to code your game for you, even with a potential share of future profits, is going to be a very hard proposition. I firmly believe that anyone can learn to program. If you have not had success with tutorials before, it is either because you didn't spend enough time with them before throwing in the towel, you didn't practice enough outside of the tutorials, or you chose tutorials above your skill-level and they confused you. I can tell you that you would be able to follow Hall's tutorials. They were created with the complete beginner in mind, and he shows you the same concepts over and over so you can know how to apply them. We have seen beginner after beginner create their own games with it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

You would be surprised how many people have watched those tutorials and built their own game. Many of them hated the idea of coding. You do not need to be an expert to make a game. No where near it. Understand a few basics and your ready. That is what the new engine is about. Taking a few simple concepts and building anything from them.
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

I'm technically an artist and not a programmer, and when I first started out, I could barely make html edits let alone actually coding a game. It does take time, but you will eventually be like me, and things which you thought were impossible for you will suddenly snap into place in your mind and you will get it. No one here is going to build your game for you, but we will help with answering questions, code bugs that you can't figure out, and point out great resources that can help you. You can do it, you just have to put in the effort.

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”