which tool to use to develop myfreezoo kind of game?

RealmCrafter, Multiverse, MMOKIT, ect...
roy

which tool to use to develop myfreezoo kind of game?

Post by roy »

Hi all, i'm hoping you can help me out. My son likes to play mmo social browser games like evony, myfreezoo. He wants to make a game like that, but he is still young so we really need a good development tool which is mainly gui based. ( i can help him out with the complicated stuff (i work in IT))
So we want to make a MMo browser game with it, will not be commercial product so thing like ads and payment stuff are not necessary. Also the number of users will be very limited, possibly around then 10. Can you give us some good advise which tools we can use?
thanks very much.
Jackolantern

Re: which tool to use to develop myfreezoo kind of game?

Post by Jackolantern »

Some of the most manageable MMORPG engines are:

NetGore
Eclipse Origins
Xtreme Worlds (I think there is a newer version of Xtreme Worlds, as the creator sometimes checks into IR here, but I can't seem to find his post now)

These engines are mostly GUI based, and I believe the latter 2 have simple scripting engines for things the GUI editor can't do. The former, NetGore, I believe relies on the more powerful, but more complex C# language, although I could be wrong, and it may have a simple scripting engine as well.

All of these would make good choices for a young developer who is fixed on making an MMORPG for a limited audience (but could possibly grow).

Another major concern are art assets. An MMO can take a ton of art to even be workable, but there are plenty of art assets freely downloadable in the forums of those engines, and also at Reiner's tilesets and a lot of people use RPG Maker sprites (Google for those, and other sprite sets can be found in the engine forums, as well as all over Charas Project). :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
roy

Post by roy »

thanks Jackolantern, may be i should have posted my question on the 2d forum, i'm was not sure about that.
Myfreezoo is a 2d browser game where you can manage a zoo. So it is not a rpg, the engines you suggested are more for rpg's.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Maybe you could find something in my browser-based PHP MMO list, as there could be one or two GUI-based options. Since that game appears to essentially be an empire-building game, which is popular these days, there may be something on there that could work. :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
roy

Post by roy »

Hi, thanks for suggestion, I'm checking it out right now, looks prommising.
mobgamegraph

Post by mobgamegraph »

You can try to check this site, https://mobilegamegraphics.com/ it's really a good source site for game development.
Get high quality game sprites, mobile game graphics, pixel art, 8-bit, characters and themes for game development. We offer free game assets and sprite sheet.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

How did your son do? Is he still into game development?

I have a engine coming out soon that will center around educational game development. In other words a game engine that will hopefully help people get started.

Return to “MMO Makers”