Development on iPad Pro

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Gunner

Development on iPad Pro

Post by Gunner »

https://micropreneur.life/working-on-an ... evelopers/

slickkkkk man

I think if we as game devs only work with something like phaser then using ipad pro would be really convenient, eh?

I think its only for people who want to use apple products for development i.e just want an ipad in the first place but don't want to spend a fortune on macbook pros which are double-triple the price of that ipad.

yup I think it would be doable if you work with phaser js or anything web based, what do you think? :roll:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Development on iPad Pro

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Ugh Crapple arriving to the party late and acting like they started the party. I have been developing on my android tablet and surface pro for a long time now. I absolutely hate all Crapple products but I know there are those here that do use them so each their own. I would rather go back to using Realm Crafter than use a crapple product :P
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Haha can't agree more. Definitely overpriced + overhyped af. I'm just looking for justification spending tons just to buy some of their products.. Can anyone point out to me? :roll:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Not sure why you are looking for justification. Just buy a cheaper android and do more with it then laugh at everyone using those over priced outdated old people machines. :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I bought a Mac so I could compile iOS apps. But switch to an iOS app for full-time use? Not a chance. Maybe in 10 years or more mobile OS will really compete with desktop/laptop apps for productivity, but that day is not here yet for me.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I will say windows 10 is the first windows OS that has me close to kicking windows out of my life but even as crappy as it is I still could not go to Apple.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Honestly you get used to it pretty quickly. And Hackintoshes really mean that you can use MacOS without shelling out for Mac hardware if you don't want to. There are things I like about MacOS and things I don't. Even some things I like some days that I don't like others. For example, MacOS is much more streamlined than Windows. Much of its features are hidden. In some ways it feels almost more like a mobile operating system since all of its GUI-level settings can be accessed from one menu. You do have all of the options you have on Windows but they put them behind a poweruser wall by making you use the incredibly powerful UNIX command line system, BASH, to access them. Some days this is nice because it seems like less things can be misconfigured or go wrong. Other days it is irritating because you can't easily customize it how you want without using some cryptic command.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

How is the keyboard on the new macbook lineup? You know, the flat ones.... I wanna know how it feels like for a typical developer to spend hours everyday on that keyboard... Is it comfortable? :roll:

As for price surprisingly enough a decent windows ultrabook actually costs more or less the same.. Asus Zenbook 3 costs like 1600 and Dell XPS 13 also the same..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

You cant get a decent macbook for under $2000. I can get a Windows laptop that can play any game on the market for around $1100

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch
vs
http://store.hp.com/us/en/cb/128589/gam ... 7oQAvD_BwE
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Macbooks went through the roof at the last refresh they did. I actually have the model before that, where the top-of-the-line model was $2000 (I bought the most maxed out model they had for $1800 in late 2015). I could honestly not suggest to get this current line of Macbook Pros. It feels like the prices went up about $700 across the board all in one shot when they introduced the stupid touch bar. I am really hoping this trend reverses a bit and the prices come down. I would not recommend buying a Macbook Pro at these types of prices.

However, I will say the keyboard on mine is the most comfortable keyboard I have ever used on a laptop. It is incredible.

Return to “General Development”