Anyone used MonoGame?

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
Jackolantern

Anyone used MonoGame?

Post by Jackolantern »

For my job I am going to start learning Xamarin with the intention of working towards Xamarin certification early next year. As usual when I set my sights on a new platform/piece of tech, the first place my mind goes is what use can it have for game development. And for Xamarin, the big option is MonoGame. To those not familiar, MonoGame is basically a port to the Mono runtime of the abandoned-by-Microsoft XNA which was actually a pretty nice game development framework. MonoGame wasn't really that big of a deal until Xamarin broke out and suddenly .NET code could create iOS, Android and Windows apps. But now it has been used for several large-scale games such as the mobile ports of Bastion.

Has anyone used it? Or, going back in time a bit, does anyone have any experience with XNA?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Anyone used MonoGame?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I messed with it about a year ago. Sorry but did not spend a ton of time on it. Wish I was more help but I got caught up on some other venture. :P
a_bertrand

Re: Anyone used MonoGame?

Post by a_bertrand »

I'm somehow allergic with the word "Mono". I know it's a long time ago, but when I tested Mono it was sooo unstable. Too bad as it would be really great for me.

To come back to MonoGame nope sorry never tried it.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “General Development”