mmorpg creator

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
petermax

mmorpg creator

Post by petermax »

hi guys i found an awesome mmorpg editor i ´d like to share it with you
you can download the scripts at http://www.phpkode.com/projects/item/th ... g-project/
or you can see it in action here http://power-within.net46.net/ just check it before they close me again (fkn free host)
it has a map editor and you can change all the grafics if you wants , its a freeware so you can modify it with no problems
it stil has some bugs but maybe together we can fix them
Jackolantern

Re: mmorpg creator

Post by Jackolantern »

000webhosts has already started taking down your site :( I guess it had game elements on it? Typically to put a game up on 000WH you have to put up some static sites for a couple of weeks or so and then you can swap them out for a game since no more humans will check it unless you use up a crazy amount of resources or get complaints.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Hasn't started taking down their site, its just under review. This can take up to and sometimes longer then 48 hrs. This happened with me and anyone who signs up for them, regardless of what they put up. As soon as one person visits the site, they take it down for review, and if its good, will be back up and running, and an email notification! ;)

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

But aren't game an automatic removal? That is what I meant.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

That depends...more then likely, yes. Forums on a free account are not authorized, anything that can hit the database ALOT outside of a standard website.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ahh, I did not know the specific rules, but rather just knew the anecdotal stories around here of them being taken down almost immediately.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Jackolantern wrote:Ahh, I did not know the specific rules, but rather just knew the anecdotal stories around here of them being taken down almost immediately.
I used to use them, until I changed hosts, and thats what I learned with them. I had a forum setup for our game making for OuterNet, and they deleted the account for excessive use of the database.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I guess there is no real way around paying for a host or hosting it yourself when it comes to any kind of real web development.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I say host it yourself if your going to run just a website/forum. And if you plan on doing a game, also host it yourself until its big enough then move to a paid host that will support it.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

For me personally, I am just not familiar enough with server administration and security to feel safe with hosting it myself. I would rather just pay a fee to have a professional handle the aspects that I personally have no interest in (server admin and hardware security).

Return to “General Development”