Interest in a RPG maker contest?

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Interest in a RPG maker contest?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Anyone have interest in holding contest to build a game in any RPG maker? Just figured we could make it simple so everyone could get involved and it might get the juices flowing and some activity. I have prizes to give away and I would even possibly buy some copies of RPG maker for those who do not have a version.
Jackolantern

Re: Interest in a RPG maker contest?

Post by Jackolantern »

Oh man that sounds fun, but my time is completely spoken for until at least June. I am doing a lot of training classes at work which takes a ton of my own time unfortunately.

But as far as RPG Maker itself, I have downloaded it several times and have been this close to working with it but for some reason I never do. RPG Maker MV got me the closest I have ever been to working with it now that Javascript is the lingua franca. There were even a couple of different teams working on multiplayer plugins for MV last time I checked. That is a tall order, though.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yeah the MV version has come a long ways. Love the javascript scripting. I frankly do not want to have a bunch of games to judge so kind of want to keep it small. Like 3-5 games at most. I think I will do it and if no one else joins then me and my daughter will go head to head. Hehe
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I am really tempted. Did they ever add Mac OS support? I know the games run on it now but I can't remember if you can develop on it.

But I am also really feeling the ASCII RPG. I may even end up starting it this weekend now that I got some stuff behind me.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

You could blend the two and make a ASCII RPG in RPG Maker hahahah.

Yeah I just want to get back in to it and need something to get my juices a flowing.

Return to “General Development”