Dragon Lord

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
Kesstryl

Dragon Lord

Post by Kesstryl »

Dragon Lord is an old school text based PBBG browser game. You are a dragon that must fight your way to the top to earn your kingdom and defend it against other dragons. As you fight, you discover that there is an enemy more deadly than the other creatures and dragons fighting for your territory, and you alone must stop it from destroying the world.

Dragon Lord is finally in Open Beta. This means that all accounts are permanent, and enough features are in place to make an enjoyable game experience. http://dragonlordrpg.com

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by Kesstryl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Lord

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Very cool man. Didn't know you were working on a game. I will give it a go and have my daughter sign up to. She has a ton of friends that might too.
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Very cool man. Didn't know you were working on a game. I will give it a go and have my daughter sign up to. She has a ton of friends that might too.
Much appreciated! I need feedback and help to get it to a state where I can release an open Beta. Even if people just get to level 3 just to test everything and then leave feedback, that would help. I want to make sure there are no bugs, that PvP and the Kingdoms feature is balanced, and I want to know what people think it needs in order to be beta ready. All that info is on the Dragon Lord forums, but I'll probably edit my OP to include that here.
C. Indie

Post by C. Indie »

Hello Kesstryl,

your game looks nice, and I will do a little testing.

First: If I click the link you posted in your opening post, I get this error:
Invalid URL, try logging in again.

More if I can find more :)
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

C. Indie wrote:Hello Kesstryl,

your game looks nice, and I will do a little testing.

First: If I click the link you posted in your opening post, I get this error:
Invalid URL, try logging in again.

More if I can find more :)
That is quite the bug. I'm working on it *gets out a mega fly swatter*
Just click the link on that error and it should bring you to the login page where you will find a register button in the top left

Edit - should be working now, give it a try
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

Things I've added since my first post:

hover boxes that give info on each of the dragon lair options
various layout changes and bug fixes
an icon to indicate when a dragon is fighting a Plague monster (a creature that is much stronger but gives more gold than normal mobs)

Features currently being tested on my localhost:

Daily quest (testing timer to make sure player can take quest every 23 hours)

Features being worked on:

More art!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Sorry for delay, i am going to get to testing this shortly.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Hey Kesstryl

I wonder can I promote your game on my gaming website?
I want to collect web base games and make top games website on the market.
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

KaL wrote:Hey Kesstryl

I wonder can I promote your game on my gaming website?
I want to collect web base games and make top games website on the market.
I would say yes except the current link is only the test server. I'm going to put the game on a permanent server once alpha testing is done. Stay tuned though, I'm hoping to do this within another week or two. I have a couple more features I'm working on, and I want all the current features and new ones I'm going to add in a day or two to be tested before I make the game open beta.
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

Another update has been added. Before I can add daily quests to the current quest system, part of the quest code will need to be rewritten (flyswatter is out and bug swatting), and I found that adding a pet system was much easier in the mean time. I would love for alpha testers to test the pet system (under Companions in the Lair page). You will get your first pet from doing your first quest, and then after that, other pets can only be found while exploring the map. If you find one, and it's not in your Companions List, it will automatically be added. The chance to find pets will be semi rare, and higher level ones will be harder as more will be added to the pool of random finds as you level.

Pets also have their own level up system where once you reach a certain level as a player, a pet can be leveled up. Pets have 3 stages, and each stage adds stats to the pet which in turn will add to your own stats for any pet you bring along with you (you can only have one pet equipped at a time). Testing will involve finding the right balance for pets to see how much they impact things such as mob fighting, plague monster fighting, and pvp.

There is now a Companions page in the Help pages where you can see all the pets currently in-game and their stats. Right now there are not a lot, but over the next few days more will be added as they are thought out along with level balance. The goal is to have many of them still viable at higher levels. In the future there will also be humanoid companions (dragons can have humans and elves as pets, right?) to add fun and flavor to the pet system, and of course art!

Thanks for testing, and I will now get back to adding some pets to the pet table!

Return to “Members Games”