Asteroid Belt Runner

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
OldRod

Asteroid Belt Runner

Post by OldRod »

Prepare for Armageddon... I have completed my first game... ever!

Back on September 6th, I challenged myself to compete a game from start to finish in less than a month. And with time to spare, it's done!

With the exception of one sprite and the music/sound, I did the whole thing myself from scratch. Sure, it's a simple game, but it's something I created :)

Check it out here:

http://www.dragonsmokecreations.com/asteroid/

Survive as long as you can in the asteroid belt... the asteroids get thicker the longer you go, so you will die :)
Sim

Re: Asteroid Belt Runner

Post by Sim »

Nothing against you OldRod, but I clicked your link. I was going to give it a go, but then it wanted me to download something "Unity3d" I think to make me play the game.

So hmm I think that's my feedback..
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

It's a web plugin to run Unity in your browser. It's totally safe.

But, I understand.
Sim

Post by Sim »

I know its a web plugin.

I am trying to say "If I need to install a plugin to play a game, I don't want to play it". Maybe just maybe if it was a free AAA title
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

The unity3D plugin is very common, a lot of games require it.
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I see a lot of hate for the Unity plugin, all over the web. Not sure I understand it. It's not like it's an "unsafe" plugin. Flash, java, etc. those kinds of things I can understand as they can be harmful when misused. I've never heard of someone misusing the Unity plugin to do something malicious to someone's computer. But, I understand. If something makes you uncomfortable to install, then by all means don't install it. You'll just miss out on my awesome (hah!) game :P

I've heard that Unity 5 will use WebGL though, so that may actually remove the need for the plugin. Not sure of the release date on 5, but it shouldn't be much longer. Then the hatred may go away :)

Anyway, I'm using my new-found confidence to start on a new project, a little more ambitious than this first one, so I'll have to break it up into month-sized phases to keep with my "game in a month" challenge :lol:
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

YAY, I played it LOL! I already have the unity plugin, so no biggies here. It's fun! :) Reminds me of the old space games I used to play. I can't get very far though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, and good job m8

EPI
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

You're not supposed to last long - it's a "last as long as you can" game... I probably could tweak the asteroid spawns down a bit, but whatever :)
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

OldRod wrote:Thanks :)

You're not supposed to last long - it's a "last as long as you can" game... I probably could tweak the asteroid spawns down a bit, but whatever :)
Nothing at all wrong with it! It forces those that hate to be defeated to work harder :) I enjoy playing it lol

Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Return to “Members Games”