My Nation

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
srachit

My Nation

Post by srachit »

Well I know I missed the first round, but here for the second one! :D

1) Technology behind the game.
php
mySQL

2) Working name of game
My Nation

Important notes:
a. Got other projects going, aswell as one game gearing up for beta release so updates might be a slow, I apologise beforehand

Story and features: My nation is gonna be basically a nation simulator game, where you command armies, build infrastructure to develop your country.
Another aspect to this game is gonna be ages, every nation will start from stone age and move onwards to bronze age, iron age, industrial age and finally nuclear age.
I am also hoping to make a sort of dynamic technology tree, so each nation has different characteristics depending on how they go through the technology tree.

To Do List:
Login and Registration finished
Index Page Finished
Menu system Finished
Search system Half way finished
Build armies Not started
Build Infrastructure Not started
Alliances Not started
War system Not started
Messaging system Not started
Technology tree Not started
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: My Nation

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Excellent! great to have you in the contest.
srachit

Post by srachit »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Excellent! great to have you in the contest.
Had several different ideas, finally decided to take this one and start off, will get to the others some other day :P
dbest

Post by dbest »

all d best!
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

The ages sound like a cool idea! Perhaps keep stuff you made in previous ages - like maybe churches an colosseums built in the dark ages are still around and contribute to tourism or something?
srachit

Post by srachit »

Callan S. wrote:The ages sound like a cool idea! Perhaps keep stuff you made in previous ages - like maybe churches an colosseums built in the dark ages are still around and contribute to tourism or something?
Thats a good idea and I shall look into it at a future date :)
srachit

Post by srachit »

Dev Blog 1

So today as I sat down to program, I realised that I had not actually put anything in my db other than the basic id name password and email address. So I went ahead and structured my database with all the different things that a user will have. I am currently debating over, if I want the player to have to wait between each of his attacks and building of units etc, or do I want it to be instantaneous.

Another question that came up while I was making my database was whether I want to have a resource called food and require the player to make farm lands to generate food, gonna think over this for a while as I make the basic framework of the game.

Age is being renamed to the term Era, Age will be another feature in this game, it wont have anything to do with the time period
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sounds very cool! Time evolution is a demanding idea, but it has a lot of promise as well :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Members Games”