SimSportsDynasty

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
MikeD

SimSportsDynasty

Post by MikeD »

A. Working name of Game
~SimSportsDynasty - http://simsportsdynasty.com

B. Technology behind the game.
~PHP
~mySQL
~Some Javascript

C: Story
~Take control of a College Baseball team and lead them to the promised land... The National Championship. Recruit from a pool of high schoolers each season to improve your roster. Manage your finances to build up your stadium and facilities. Set your lineups and strategy to make every game competitive. Compete to earn trophies in your conference and in the National Championship Tournament.

D: Some features
~Multiplayer league.
~Working, accurate, pitch by pitch Sim Engine.
~Recruting Engine, based off NCAA console games.
~Trophy/Award System
~Coaching Attributes/Stats
~Financial System to build up your team.
~RPI Ranking System
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: SimSportsDynasty

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow nice layout! Kinda like what I was coming up with for mine, well except sports.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Thanks, though I always feel layout is my weakness lol, I always think they're awful. Maybe I'm just too harsh on myself.
Ringmaster

Post by Ringmaster »

Great idea. Everyone loves baseball.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

DevBlog #1:

Been a bit busy the last few days, so I haven't gotten too much done. I finished up the index page, for Guests it's just a brief description of the game. For Users, it will show news articles. Also made myself a system to post new articles. Working on the coaching system right now, it's mostly done, just fixing up a few things. Here's some screenies of the Home page.

MikeD

Post by MikeD »

DevBlog #2:

Sorry for lack of update on this. Still continuing the project, just going a bit slower than I'd like. I'm in the middle of moving right now, but I should be completely moved by Monday, at which time I'll be going full-time on this again. Been thinking alot on the design, and I really want to change it, but I'm going to wait until after I have a playable game, otherwise it will just slow me down again. I've also been thinking alot on coaching strategy. I can't seem to think of anything to add to that, so I guess it's just going to be pretty simple for now. I'm also itching to start work on the recruiting engine, just need to get a few things done first.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

I know I said I didn't want to work on a new layout, but I just couldn't resist. This is the best header I've do so far for myself, and I think i'm going to stick with it. I want my site to be visually appealing, and this was the best I could do.

This is just the header, with a blank page so far.

MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Finished moving, finished up my OSHA 30 course. Time to get back to work on this! :D
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

DevBlog #3:

Things are going pretty smoothly today, other than being tired which is slowing me down. Hammered out most of the new "Logged in" part of the Index. Just missing the Trophy Case, but I have to come up with the system for that anyways. Setup the new free coaching slots, and create a coach page. Also made team purchase script work. By the end of the day, I hope to have quite a bit more done. We'll see how it goes!

Here's a quick look at one of the new pages.

Edit: Forgot to add. I hope to have the game in a playable state within 2-3 Weeks. And the Full BETA version ready within 2-3 Months!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

very pretty!

Return to “Members Games”