Magicus Occultus

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
Cayle

Magicus Occultus

Post by Cayle »

A. Working name of Game

Magicus Occultus

B. Technology behind the game.

Server Side: Google App Engine
Client Side: Kivy Framework

C: Story

Being in a cemetery at night is a foolish thing, for who knows what evil lurks in the shadows. You feel uneasy. Then you feel a buzz in your pocket; your phone ringing in the telltale pattern that says you are not alone…

D: Some features
  • Text Based (mostly) - Mobile Augmented Reality MMO
  • PvP + PvE
  • Deliberately slow paced, advancement and quests might take months or years; like a fine wine or a slow cooked Thanksgiving turkey instead of the usual fast food takeout.
  • The player is ALWAYS in game, 24/7
  • Single Avatar per Player
  • Physical location based quests and encounters
  • Time of day and day of year matter! Some encounters and events only happen at certain times or certain days of the year.
  • Crafting – on and that Yeti hand that you need to craft the phylactery of uberness? Yeah! Do you know anyone going to Nepal in the near future? Oh and don’t forget that it needs a claw of a Jersey Devil and wait… soil from a Celtic barrow?
  • Deep magic system with reagents, research, etc.
Callan S.

Re: Magicus Occultus

Post by Callan S. »

Wow, sounds different! If you make millions of dollars in the future, remember I said wow and give me a few hundred! >:)

Sounds nifty! Good luck with it!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wahoo cayle is in the contest!!!
srachit

Post by srachit »

Looks pretty nice, just one question which language are you using for this project?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Looks like Javascript
Cayle

Post by Cayle »

The "core" is Python 2.7. By the core, I mean that I'm using the Python API for the Google App Engine (you can also use Java and Go) and my server runs in Python. I'm going to experiment with the kivy framework, which is a Python based framework which cross compiles to native Android APK and "compiles" to obective c source for X-Code. I like the idea of banging things out in Python and tweaking in X-Code.

There is also a LOT of VBA code in the project, with a side of c#; all on the design time side. My "content toolset" is an excel workbook; where I define mobiles, items, spells, etc. These entities are then exported to .py code via VBA.
srachit

Post by srachit »

Cayle wrote:The "core" is Python 2.7. By the core, I mean that I'm using the Python API for the Google App Engine (you can also use Java and Go) and my server runs in Python. I'm going to experiment with the kivy framework, which is a Python based framework which cross compiles to native Android APK and "compiles" to obective c source for X-Code. I like the idea of banging things out in Python and tweaking in X-Code.

There is also a LOT of VBA code in the project, with a side of c#; all on the design time side. My "content toolset" is an excel workbook; where I define mobiles, items, spells, etc. These entities are then exported to .py code via VBA.
Python for a PBBG, this game has my full attention now :P

I wanted to use python for a PBBG myself, but never got around to doing it :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yes this will be truly intriguing.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Most definitely! I know Cayle has been working on AR stuff for some time now. Can't wait to see how this works out :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Ringmaster

Post by Ringmaster »

Love the story line. Simple and effective, hooking me in and making me want more.

Return to “Members Games”