Minecraft Server?

Games in development by members. Discuss testing, design, ect.. Each game has its own section
Sharlenwar

Minecraft Server?

Post by Sharlenwar »

Okay, so I was messing around the past few months here on Minecraft on my personal server. I do record YouTube videos and so that was the purpose of it. To create stuff, show it off, and be creative. Over the past few days here, some amazing concepts and ideas have amalgamated into a direction into a project that I did not even see coming. The scale of this is going to get larger and it is still in the game development area, or so it feels.

The story, about 6 of us have gotten together here in the past few days and have been working on a multiplayer server together. The people we have are amazing, and we all have a good buzz going about on the server. I think I'm coming up to a week, and so unfortunately my original game project idea has been shoved to the back burner (the 4X game) and the MC server experiment is taking shape. I'm looking at doing a stress test with my shitty server computer at home here to see how much it can handle. There were 5 of us on the other day and it all was super smooth and there was no lag experienced at all. The occasional MC related lag (such as chunks loading in, etc.) occurs, but there didn't seem to be any server side lag.

This is where the community here comes in.

@Halls: I would like to request you change the forum "Members Games" to "Members Projects". I also would like to request a section like the other games in there. You call it a Folder I think.

@Everyone: If you have purchased Minecraft, do you play it, when was the last time since you have played? Today I'm setting up a Bukkit server for MC and will have it open to the public. Meaning it won't be whitelisted for a week here. I want to stress test the server with players all doing MC related stuff. So if you are interested, then I'll be posting in this thread when I have the server up with the connection details. I'm just checking with all of you if there is any interest.

The Concept
The name of the server I've settled on is "Realms of Demuria". Players will be able to start in the game world and will be able to stake a claim to a section of land. You will then be able to play Minecraft as usual, but I plan to make it a unique experience. These sections of lands will be called "Realms", it will then be up to the player to build and develop their "Realm". There will be an economy in the game, since that then allows a virtual currency to be used to facilitate trade between players and the world. The focus in the world is of course building, creating YouTube videos, and having fun.

Basically I'm at the point to do a bit more research, and to get a server up and running to do some testing. Today is my day off, so I'll definitely get a lot done today, maybe even a server up and running? Well, stay tuned and everyone is open to posting up any comments, thoughts, etc.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Jackolantern

Re: Minecraft Server?

Post by Jackolantern »

Very cool! I have never even played Minecraft myself, much less bought it, but from what I know of it this sounds like it has some promise :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft Server?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Yeah that sounds kewl. I will make the changes.

Return to “Members Games”