Hobbit - Battle of Five Armies

Any non development related reviews. Sites, movies, music, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Hobbit - Battle of Five Armies

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

OMG where do I begin on this crap shoot of total crap. I am totally disappointed in this movie. Worse of all of the films. Horrible Plot holes, bad additions to the book while leaving actual book content out. Worse CGI of all 6 films. Horrible Disney action sequences. Boring, and list goes on. Total crap in so many ways.
Cayle

Re: Hobbit - Battle of Five Armies

Post by Cayle »

If they'd followed the book, it would have been one movie... and it would have been a better story.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah the Lord of the Rings was meant to be dark and fighty. The Hobbit was not. It was a kids book meant to be fun and uplifting. Instead we got another dark boring love story about people you don't care about.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I saw the first 2 movies when they came out in theaters. This one, I skipped. After the abomination of the 2nd movie, I knew there was no way I would enjoy this one. Seems like I made the right choice. It'll be on HBO in a few months; I'll catch it then.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yep, I even got the Special D Box seats. $40 for 2 tickets, another $20 for 2 beers and a candy. Definitely not worth it. And they wonder why Pirates exist.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I have never really been interested in D Box theater seats. Are they actually cool with the right movie?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

With the right movie very much so. With the wrong it can ruin the experience. The moving and shaking make it a lot more fun. Was it worth $50 for two people for the Hobbit? Absolutely not.

Return to “Misc”