Interstellar

Any non development related reviews. Sites, movies, music, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Interstellar

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just went and watched this last night. Pretty rough. Was hoping it wasn't going to be as bad as prometheus but yeah it was close. It might be worth a 99 cent rental but definitely not worth the movie theater. Had some serious issues and the whole theory or relativity crap went a bit too far. That theory is a good sci fi theory for a book but in no way is it sustainable for intelligence.
Jackolantern

Re: Interstellar

Post by Jackolantern »

I'm not even sure how the theory of relativity would even play into a sci-fi movie.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Is it bad in your opinion for more than the plot? Like acting, effects and stuff?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I actually kind of liked it. If you get past the propaganda it's not all bad
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The only thing I even know about the movie is that Neil DeGrasse Tyson liked some scene having to do with a black hole in it. That kind of makes me want to see at least that scene lol.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Jackolantern wrote:The only thing I even know about the movie is that Neil DeGrasse Tyson liked some scene having to do with a black hole in it. That kind of makes me want to see at least that scene lol.
I didn't know that, it kinda does. That guy was awesome at Cosmos.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

The black hole part us really stupid. They ruin it. Can't tell you how as it will reveal plot but it makes no sense.

The acting was good, effects were good. The plot and overall story is just f'n stupid.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think the only part he said he liked was that the visual effects of going near the black hole were designed surrounding cutting-edge, recent astrophysics discoveries. A very well-respected astrophysicist, Kip Thorne, was an adviser for the film. No idea about the actual story implications of the black hole.

EDIT: I just read that some of the black hole special effects were calculated in such a way that the data to render them will actually have scientific significance, and they have been published for the scientific community.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Oh nice! Yeah the graphics were good in the movie. Think of a transformers movie. Great graphics, horrible story :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I actually saw a trailer for the first time last night, and have to say it didn't appeal much to me. It seemed very unorganized and I didn't leave it feeling like I knew what the movie was even about.

Return to “Misc”