Assault Cube

Any non development related reviews. Sites, movies, music, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Assault Cube

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Been playing off and on for the past year. While the game can be fun it is absolutely full of cheaters. When I say full I mean 70%.

The game is buggy for sure, the graphics and animations are slightly below par. One shot One kill is the only good game mode. It is actually hella fun but the death matches are horrible. 4 weapons to choose from and they don't really work right.

I decided to put up my own server and it was hacked within 2 hours. I went to the forums to find a resolution and learned it is incredibly common. They don't seem to care. Their resolution is to make a blacklist for server owners to ban IPs. It is 187 pages long!!! I posted and inquery and a admin posted this nasty message to me. The forums are a joke.

I completely deleted the game from the 5 machines I had installed on it. Will never play it again and do not recommend it. The cheaters are unbearable and the community is worse.
lol

Re: Assault Cube

Post by lol »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Been playing off and on for the past year. While the game can be fun it is absolutely full of cheaters. When I say full I mean 70%.
Only 20% cheat. Your timezone must have more cheaters.
hallsofvallhalla wrote: The game is buggy for sure, the graphics and animations are slightly below par. One shot One kill is the only good game mode. It is actually hella fun but the death matches are horrible. 4 weapons to choose from and they don't really work right.
It is VERY buggy. I found a bug to crash the clients, to disconnect the clients, to make the server crash and one to put the server in an infinite loop. You should feel lucky I didn't use any of them, but unlucky because I found your noob password. OSOK sucks, why would you like that shitty game mode? Team deathmatch ftw!
hallsofvallhalla wrote: I decided to put up my own server and it was hacked within 2 hours. I went to the forums to find a resolution and learned it is incredibly common. They don't seem to care. Their resolution is to make a blacklist for server owners to ban IPs. It is 187 pages long!!! I posted and inquery and a admin posted this nasty message to me. The forums are a joke.
LOL :lol: , your password was "test". It only took 20 tries to crack it :ugeek: . I only abused admin twice, but I guess twice is two too many (get it?). I disabled auto-team and forced everyone to CLA, so I can 1 vs all them, but that's not abusing. Then I banned everyone and removed all bans I also told everyone the password. I'm kind of sorry for pissing you off, but I wanted to have some fun :lol: .

Learn the lesson; use a better password like d6c0203e231886b727eda98ca96f8b9b8d26f2a0adb433cb9a4aa10dc0dea18cd9e9511858601049ff34767dab45524ab7af36334993b2ac5da70d55f2197852 (whirlpool of indie-resource.com) and use a script to claim admin ;) . I have a script to claim admin for different servers. You were the fourth server I added into it. That's why I can reset admin faster than they can claim :D . You saw the 187 pages of blacklists, this game has no anti-cheat (except my server). Their forums are a joke, they suck.
hallsofvallhalla wrote: I completely deleted the game from the 5 machines I had installed on it. Will never play it again and do not recommend it. The cheaters are unbearable and the community is worse.
That sucks. If the cheaters are unbearable, go to my server. My server is the only one with enough anti-cheat to have almost no cheaters. Seen the nuke that blows up everyone with a nade? My server is the ONLY one that blocks it. I know it works because I tested the nuke cheat on it. My server is the best server ever because nobody can cheat on it. The bad thing is that I have to keep changing the name so it does not get banned. The devs are really pissed off I made so many game-play mods such as dying for team kills, vampire, die after 10 kills, start with 150 health, etc., and pushing TwinTowers on tdm so they banned my server once.
Their community is gay, so don't ever give a s hit about them.
hallsofvallhalla (on the AC forums) also wrote: I just created a new server today and I was shocked when 2 guys were able to continue to try the password until they go it. They lied to everyone on thegame and said they were hackers but whatever. I know now to make my passwords more complicated but I wanted to warn everyone out there about these two
1. LOL : 75.152.167.252
2. Proto: 72.73.92.32
he wasn't doing as much as LOL but when I talked to LOL he said they were both going to shut me down.
I didn't say that. I wouldn't (and can't) shut you down. I can abuse admin on your server at that time, so why shut it down? I told everyone the password and Proto claimed it. So now you blame him for having admin?
hallsofvallhalla (on the AC forums) also wrote: Anyways now LOL keeps trying over and over to join my game but he is blacklisted so it keeps denying him. Will that lag my game? Isn't there some protection against that? Can he eventually get into it again?
No, it won't lag your game. I have many cheaters and TKers do that on my server; while I frag noobs they get refused without me knowing until I see the server console. If you didn't know, that was me using connect with admin into your server. If you connect with an admin password, you always can join (if the server is full, it kicks the guy with cn 0). If you connect with a deban password, it debans you if you are banned and lets you in even if you are blacklisted, but not when the server is full or private). Because I know that, if I get in: I have admin (because you know nothing of deban passwords), if I don't: keep trying :( . You know that it works because I told Proto to ban me and I reconnected with the password.
[hr]

When you posted it, it's funny what the first response was:
U|Zarj wrote:You can't have a 24 player server on the masterserver. That isn't possible.
You can only have 20. Besides, I have 16 and would not make it more unless I have a larger map that doesn't lag.
Last edited by lol on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

@Lol, We do no support cheaters, who use or abuse stolen privileges.

@halls, why would you play a game like that?
lol

Post by lol »

jpoisson wrote:@Lol, We do no support cheaters, who use or abuse stolen privileges.
You shouldn't support me. I just want to have fun and make my server the best.
jpoisson wrote:@halls, why would you play a game like that?
Hallsofvallhalla didn't get hacked until yesterday.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

at first I was going to ban this guy and delete his posts but realized he is right. A noob by all respects but right. I had the server up for 3 hours and it was only a test server. Hence the password test.
You did not search for indie-resource and it come up with the password test, i have never used test ever.

I did not write half the things in my post on that community. They edited it like 15 times. Seems like you have enemies there. Can't guess why :roll:

Regardless Assault Cube is way below par on fun, design, graphics and community and that is no lie. You are not a hacker and thank god will never be. Guessing password is not hacking but is lame. :roll: :roll:

I do thank you for showing me the worst and best sides of the game though. I am going to use my server for a much better game.

edit: oh yeah you tried to get into my server after being banned like 400 times, extremely lame in every sense of the word. I don't care if you hang out here but I will ban you in a heart beat if you act up.

Plus these forums and website are a part of a LLC with rights and can easly contact your Canadian ISP
OrgAbuseHandle: AAT-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Abuse at TELUS
OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-310-8324

You wanna be friends so be it, hang out have fun. Wanna be enemies you will deal with the law not some scrappy Assault cube forums.

edit: oh yeah you were not the only one to mess with the server, a real hacker was exploiting server files through the sorry cube code. Who knows maybe you were hacking it, frankly I don't care. I blame Cube and its worthless code and not you. Hence why I am giving it a terrible review.
lol

Post by lol »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:at first I was going to ban this guy and delete his posts but realized he is right. A noob by all respects but right. I had the server up for 3 hours and it was only a test server. Hence the password test.
You did not search for indie-resource and it come up with the password test, i have never used test ever.
How am I a noob when I get 206 frags legitimately and over 2000 frags by hacking?
hallsofvallhalla wrote: I did not write half the things in my post on that community. They edited it like 15 times. Seems like you have enemies there. Can't guess why :roll:

Regardless Assault Cube is way below par on fun, design, graphics and community and that is no lie. You are not a hacker and thank god will never be. Guessing password is not hacking but is lame. :roll: :roll:

I do thank you for showing me the worst and best sides of the game though. I am going to use my server for a much better game.

edit: oh yeah you tried to get into my server after being banned like 400 times, extremely lame in every sense of the word. I don't care if you hang out here but I will ban you in a heart beat if you act up.

Plus these forums and website are a part of a LLC with rights and can easly contact your Canadian ISP
OrgAbuseHandle: AAT-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Abuse at TELUS
OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-310-8324

You wanna be friends so be it, hang out have fun. Wanna be enemies you will deal with the law not some scrappy Assault cube forums.

edit: oh yeah you were not the only one to mess with the server, a real hacker was exploiting server files through the sorry cube code. Who knows maybe you were hacking it, frankly I don't care. I blame Cube and its worthless code and not you. Hence why I am giving it a terrible review.
Don't feel bad, you're the third server I guessed the password to. VOLCOM|DTN made a server and I claimed admin on it. Then he changed the name to NBG|QuiKSilver and I guessed QuiKSilver. Later somebody else made a server called guilherme and I guessed that.

It's not lame trying to get back in 400 times when each connection has a password guess that potentially could pass.

A hacker was exploiting server files? I only have 4 exploits to crash and 2 of them are already fixed by the next release. Hacking is breaking the security, such as finding an algorithm to get the password faster.

I'm not the only guy that can abuse admin:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtPXMyKKVas[/youtube]
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

um if you cheat to get frags then yes that makes you a noob. That is a known rule.

Eh not too worried about it. Assault cube has some weak security , just won't play the game, no sweat off my back. Already found a few good FPS's to replace it.
lol

Post by lol »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:um if you cheat to get frags then yes that makes you a noob. That is a known rule.
I can already get 200 without cheats.
hallsofvallhalla wrote:Eh not too worried about it. Assault cube has some weak security , just won't play the game, no sweat off my back. Already found a few good FPS's to replace it.
Like what FPSs?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

lol

Post by lol »

Thank you for the list. I just want to apologize for making you feel this way about AssaultCube. If I didn't hack your server (or at least didn't let you find out) you would never go onto their forums to report me and you so pissed off that you uninstalled AC. Your experience with AC probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't hack your server.

Return to “Misc”