Tennis Masters PBBG

Place to place any code snippets, completed games, or even uncompleted games for IR users to use.
dbest

Tennis Masters PBBG

Post by dbest »

I have uploaded the source code of my tennis management game. https://github.com/andyjdbest/Tennis-Masters---PBBG

Coded in PHP, using Smarty template engine and mySQL as the back-end db.

Enjoy!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Masters PBBG

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Awesome, thanks!
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Awesome, thanks!

Hi mate,

I am trying to run this but i cannot do this without the sql database, (im new so i have no idea what im doing)

I have installed smarty and have now got to this problem....

( ! ) Warning: mysqli_connect(): in C:\wamp\www\tennis\DBconfig.php on line 9
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0010 165216 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0220 837680 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\tennis\DBconfig.php' ) ..\index.php:5
3 0.0220 838152 mysqli_connect ( ) ..\DBconfig.php:9
Error connecting to mysql

Can anyone help?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Dawi, I would not suggest learning Smarty template engine while you are just starting out with coding. It has benefits, but isn't necessary when you are beginning and it is usually a best practice to just focus on the core language when starting out or things get too complicated.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

Jackolantern wrote:Dawi, I would not suggest learning Smarty template engine while you are just starting out with coding. It has benefits, but isn't necessary when you are beginning and it is usually a best practice to just focus on the core language when starting out or things get too complicated.

thanks mate. I was just wanting to replicated this game on my localhost thats all.
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

Jackolantern wrote:Dawi, I would not suggest learning Smarty template engine while you are just starting out with coding. It has benefits, but isn't necessary when you are beginning and it is usually a best practice to just focus on the core language when starting out or things get too complicated.

Sorry to be a pain again... but does anyone have the database files for this game?
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

dawi03 wrote:

Sorry to be a pain again... but does anyone have the database files for this game?

The SQL database that is
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't think so, sorry :(

I have not seen dbest in quite a while.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

Jackolantern wrote:I don't think so, sorry :(

I have not seen dbest in quite a while.
Fun... looks like ill be creating an sql database!

Return to “Code Sharing”