Request- Decals

got scripts? Need scripts?
Last Known Hero

Request- Decals

Post by Last Known Hero »

Hey guys,

I've been trying my hand at a little bit of coding and I've got some cool things figured out for character customization but I want to take it even further.

I was curious if anyone here is looking for a project/challenge, if so I'm in need of a system that can paint real-time onto models via drag/scale/move/rotate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJiDDV2c7M

i remember the old NFS undercover could have a system like that for cars, I'm looking to do it on characters.

If anyone is up for the challenge send me message and we can get things worked out.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
Jackolantern

Re: Request- Decals

Post by Jackolantern »

Not being much of a 3D buff, I don't know how it is done, but you know what I kept picturing in my head when you were talking about putting decals on characters? Little Big Planet. Have you ever seen it before? I was trying to find a YouTube video of two players having a sticker fight, where they are both maniacally slapping stickers on each other, but sadly I can't find one :( But LBP definitely has a system to allow you to take 2D stickers and put them on you 3D character so that it becomes part of the texture.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Last Known Hero

Re: Request- Decals

Post by Last Known Hero »

Jackolantern wrote:Not being much of a 3D buff, I don't know how it is done, but you know what I kept picturing in my head when you were talking about putting decals on characters? Little Big Planet. Have you ever seen it before? I was trying to find a YouTube video of two players having a sticker fight, where they are both maniacally slapping stickers on each other, but sadly I can't find one :( But LBP definitely has a system to allow you to take 2D stickers and put them on you 3D character so that it becomes part of the texture.
Haha exactly. didnt even think of lbp's sytem!
I might have to pay someone on the unity forums to get it rolling :S
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]

Return to “Scripting/Coding”