3D programs

Got any art to show? Share? Information on ways to make models?
SpiritWebb

Re: 3D programs

Post by SpiritWebb »

This maybe true...but I feel that 3ds isn't really user friendly. Takes a while to learn where everything is. Blender is the same way, but its a little more user friendly then 3ds. I like the ease of finding things over the overall result, especially when they can produce almost the exact result. :)

There are two short stories on YouTube that were created entirely in Blender. The graphics were amazining, reminded me of Pixar...

Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

I dont what they have changed in Blender sine the last time I used it, but you think that Blender has a friendly UI? 3DS Max is the second most simple 3d program I have used. It may be because I have used it for so long but when I used blender I could only make a cube and then look at all of the sides with the perspective camera, and even then I wasnt sure what was going on.

In short, I would like to say: Get Max or Maya. They are expensive for a reason. They work, better than anything I have tried. Or if you plan on doing just solid surface work that isn't too complicated - AC3D is champion for that work. From what I have seen. Blender makes nice cartoon looks. While Max makes nice realistic work and Maya is the buffer between both.
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Blender render

Take a look at that render...I'm just saying...that was entirely done in Blender, using the indigo render.

Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to this kinda stuff, and I don't want this to go to an argument. Everyone has their preference, but for those that want a FREE 3d software to create, Blender 3d, Anim8or or Ogre are a good spot to start.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

:shock: :shock: :o :shock: :o
alexrules01

Post by alexrules01 »

SpiritWebb wrote:Blender render

Take a look at that render...I'm just saying...that was entirely done in Blender, using the indigo render.

Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to this kinda stuff, and I don't want this to go to an argument. Everyone has their preference, but for those that want a FREE 3d software to create, Blender 3d, Anim8or or Ogre are a good spot to start.
That picture looks so real lol. Thanks for the reply's, I might try Blender :)
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

Blender is my favorite first of all because its free :) second of all it's really simple and easy to use
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

Does anyone know of any Blender tutorials besides Raven's?
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

Thanks a lot Spirit :)
OldRod