New Unity3D MMO

General Discussion on the Unity Engine.
SpiritWebb

New Unity3D MMO

Post by SpiritWebb »

So, a new MMO is in beta...for those who do not know, is Family Guy. Its currently in closed beta...and will open soon...luckily I been selected for the beta...game is awesome so far. Here is a screen:
FamOnline_Screen.jpg
http://www.familyguyonline.com

OldRod

Re: New Unity3D MMO

Post by OldRod »

Wow, cool

How are they handling networking? Photon? Something else? I've tinkered with Photon and it looks very capable. Just wish I had the time to work with it more :)
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Not sure how they are handling the networking...will try and find out if I can...

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

a facebook MMO :shock: I am not sure I understand the point...
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I didnt know it was on Facebook as an MMO. I know you can like it and it show on FB, wasn't aware this was a game in FB

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:a facebook MMO :shock: I am not sure I understand the point...
You are kidding, right? :lol: There are literally thousands of Facebook MMOs, albeit a large portion of them are PBBGs. The benefits of being on Facebook is that it makes it easy for players to refer their friends to the game, you can accept Facebook credits and simply receive the cash (minus a small fee) back without having to handle any of the payments, your game is saved into player's Facebook profile (thus one-time players are more likely to come back and try it again), etc. On the downside, many games (I am looking at you Zynga!) have gone way overboard with FB Wall updates and friend pestering, where each time a player does anything in the game, all of their friends who don't play get a game notice saying if they join, they can get one of what the player got as well. It has gotten really annoying, and it is really destroying the social networking value for other, honest game owners.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

This game is NOT on Facebook...just FYI

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I didn't think it was either (my wife actually played it, and I didn't recall it being on FB). Just mentioning the value in creating a FB game :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

:) understand!

So far this game is sweet! I love the simple graphics in it, and so far, you can go anywhere in Quahog!

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

haha man i must have been drunk or really busy when posting that. I meant Family Guy MMo.. hehehe

Return to “General Unity”